The Combine Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Funny, the previous cheque had missed the only load I hauled with my smaller, pos Cat engined Freighliner.
Really no point to this post, I just appreciate any opportunity to call my Cat engine a pos!

There is no class in fiberglass !

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
No, 2006 pre DEF

All these acronyms, I don't know that Cat even got that far to have diesel exhaust fluid, what I was referring to was the diesel particulate filter and the fuel injector system into that contraption. That was what spelled the end for Cat as it was a nightmare of problems. Your's would not have that fortunately so was this twin turbo or IVA issues, or the single oring system on the liners, or other items.

Emissions and inventing things to combat that have not been kind to the engines and certainly not the pocket book at all to put it mildly.

·
Registered
64 Posts
All these acronyms, I don't know that Cat even got that far to have diesel exhaust fluid, what I was referring to was the diesel particulate filter and the fuel injector system into that contraption. That was what spelled the end for Cat as it was a nightmare of problems. Your's would not have that fortunately so was this twin turbo or IVA issues, or the single oring system on the liners, or other items.

Emissions and inventing things to combat that have not been kind to the engines and certainly not the pocket book at all to put it mildly.
Sorry I miss read your last post. We’ve had a cracked head and we also had a crankshaft bearing go which caused a whole lot of problems and ended up having to do a complete rebuild. I am far from a diesel engine mechanic I don’t know all of the details however, it wasn’t even an in frame rebuild.

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
Sorry I miss read your last post. We’ve had a cracked head and we also had a crankshaft bearing go which caused a whole lot of problems and ended up having to do a complete rebuild. I am far from a diesel engine mechanic I don’t know all of the details however, it wasn’t even an in frame rebuild.

No worries, all these three letter abbreviated terms. I shudder at the idea of having to dole out for an engine rebuild or in your case having an engine pulled and redone or worst case the engine block is scrap metal. Hard to say what happened with that bearing but winter time and starting an engine with the wrong oil viscosity and also not plugged in for long enough or at all can compound that potential chance of turning a bearing is what I have heard and that is just bad all the way around.

Don, I think I just destroyed you're thread LOL, then again to hear of others and their engine horror stories may help you feel better ... not.

·
Super Moderator
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Don, I think I just destroyed you're thread LOL, then again to hear of others and their engine horror stories may help you feel better ... not.
Never like to hear about bad luck from anyone including me, ha ha.

Never worry much about threads that have pretty much run their course running off course.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts