Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a fun poll, the request from the masses

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Come on North America, we're losing ground to those darn aussies ;)

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just wanted the poll to be "politically" correct...

·
Registered
176 Posts
5 miles east of nowhere, Michigan. (otherwise called Tekonsha)

·
Registered
176 Posts
I just wanted the poll to be "politically" correct...
Ahh, yes.. Politics.. It comes from two words, the latin term "poly-", meaning "many"; and "ticks", which are "blood-sucking creatures."

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Actually I'm originally from Germany but the last 33 years I have been living and farming in Manitoba Canada. I want to officially thank my Dad for having the guts and balls to leave his birth country to move to a new country where he didn't understand anyone and start farming. It was the best thing he ever did as far as business goes.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
gm, there are many similar stories in my area. Lots of very successful farmers who came over here, learned english, adapted to Canadian ways of farming, and successfully introduced a lot of concepts from Europe that have proven very successful, such as increasing inputs and pushing production higher.

·
Premium Member
5,244 Posts
I'm surprised no one has stated the obvious...why don't members simply put where they are from on their profiles:confused: I'll admit, it gets annoying when someone is asking an area specific question and no one knows where on Gods green earth they live:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
I'm surprised no one has stated the obvious...why don't members simply put where they are from on their profiles:confused: I'll admit, it gets annoying when someone is asking an area specific question and no one knows where on Gods green earth they live:rolleyes:
X2 location should be a required field on registration. If you are concerned about anybody in your area finding out who you are, then conduct yourself as you would if they were in the same room.

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
I've put mine there.

Come on North America, we're losing ground to those darn aussies ;)
I doubt that. It's just the we Aussies have more time in our winter to "annoy" our NA friends :D. Once harvest starts here, you'll have it all on your own - except if some of us are having trouble with a machine, or just wanting a general bitch about things, then we'll be back - for advice & help:)
After all, this is what the forum is about.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'm from Hogeland, MT. The town was built by the Great Northern Land and Townsite Co., a subsidiary of the Great Northern Railway, in 1928 when the railroad built a branch line which ended at Hogeland. The town was named for A.H. Hogeland who was the railroad's chief engineer at the time. Mr. Hogeland was rewarded for his years of faithful service by having a tiny village in the middle of nowhere named after him. :rolleyes:

Hogeland is about 30 miles east of the point which is common to AB, SK, and MT. My farm is three miles west of the town. On a clear day I can see Frontier. SK.

Aren't you glad you asked? :cool:

Mark

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'm from Dodsland Saskatchewan. Centre of the universe ya know. 3rd generation farmer and here to hoping we don't get hailed out this year!! :)

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I've put mine there.

I doubt that. It's just the we Aussies have more time in our winter to "annoy" our NA friends :D. Once harvest starts here, you'll have it all on your own - except if some of us are having trouble with a machine, or just wanting a general bitch about things, then we'll be back - for advice & help:)
After all, this is what the forum is about.
We need a like button. I put mine on it doesn't worry me for people to know where im from.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts