Votes: 7 0.9%
  • Asia

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Australia

Votes: 103 13.9%
  • Antarctica

Votes: 5 0.7%
21 - 40 of 72 Posts
I'm from Hogeland, MT. The town was built by the Great Northern Land and Townsite Co., a subsidiary of the Great Northern Railway, in 1928 when the railroad built a branch line which ended at Hogeland. The town was named for A.H. Hogeland who was the railroad's chief engineer at the time. Mr. Hogeland was rewarded for his years of faithful service by having a tiny village in the middle of nowhere named after him. :rolleyes:

Hogeland is about 30 miles east of the point which is common to AB, SK, and MT. My farm is three miles west of the town. On a clear day I can see Frontier. SK.

Aren't you glad you asked? :cool:

Mark
Actually Mark...yes.:)

No room to get any more specific on my panel, I actually do live right in between Trochu and Three Hills about 130 km by road
100 straight line km NE of Calgary, 100km SE of Red Deer, straight east of Olds 60km. All Alberta of course.
The majority of land is in Township 32 and Ranges 23 and 24 West of the 4th.
And this year a :) place to be.

I'm from Hogeland, MT. The town was built by the Great Northern Land and Townsite Co., a subsidiary of the Great Northern Railway, in 1928 when the railroad built a branch line which ended at Hogeland. The town was named for A.H. Hogeland who was the railroad's chief engineer at the time. Mr. Hogeland was rewarded for his years of faithful service by having a tiny village in the middle of nowhere named after him. :rolleyes:

Hogeland is about 30 miles east of the point which is common to AB, SK, and MT. My farm is three miles west of the town. On a clear day I can see Frontier. SK.

Aren't you glad you asked? :cool:

Mark
I played in a ball tourny in Hogeland many years ago.

My location states North shore of Lake Ontario , which is where we are , we farm along the Shores of Lake Ontario and The Bay of Quinte.
My nearest town is Dorland , Ontario but a lot of maps will not show it , as there is only 8 houses and a small fire station there. When we look due south we are looking across the lake at Oswego NY (27 miles) and we are about 19 miles by water to the mouth of the ST. Lawrence river.( the 1000 islands area)
My GPS coordinates at my farm office are 44.06261 North by 77.05777 West.

Looks like Australia is punching above its weight again when you look at our total population vrs North Amarica.

How come no one from Asia, I'm sure the moderates have deleted a few post from Asia.

Madsnake

Maybe break N. America down to farming regions such as corn belt or southern plains, northern plains, etc. or types of farming. You could go back to origins of farming history from country through migration to other areas of the present country. Everybody could write a book on that I'm sure.

We either have quite a few smart arses, or there are more farmers in Antarctica than I'd imagined.......
With this cold front rolling through Oz at the moment there may be several aussies from the sthn states that legitimately think Aust is drifting south and will soon join Antarctica! Glad I was motivated to use the chainsaw last week ;)

We either have quite a few smart arses, or there are more farmers in Antarctica than I'd imagined.......
Maybe if us Aussies were a bit more serious we would have five more votes and Antarctica would have none.
But where would the fun be if we were all serious all the time.
We need a few class clowns.

There are quite a few CAT challengers in Antarctica now, they are Ice spec converted in Hobart, TAS. Could almost tongue in cheek say that's the beginning of farming over there:D Does Fossil farming count??

21 - 40 of 72 Posts