Votes: 7 0.9%
  • Asia

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Australia

Votes: 103 13.9%
  • Antarctica

Votes: 5 0.7%
41 - 60 of 72 Posts
I'm from southern Ontario we live in a well populated area were the city people could care less about us farmers all they want is a house in the country with no smell ,noise ,or dust but I give them all three my family were here long before they were even born.What else I have less than ten miles away and a whole different world is the city of Detroit Mi. Need I say more about Detroit it was a nice place before the 1960's now 2 ,3 ,murders a day is very commen.

North Central Kansas, 70 miles south of nebraska and 4 hours north of oklahoma. Not very flat here, It is mostly cattle in the area, most of our fields are 40 to 60 acres sitting among pasture land, have to drive through pasture to get to it, Go thirty miles south and it gets better, an hour west, and an hour east. My dad always commented on why the **** great grand dad stopped here......

I think that has more to do with how our English based search engines work on the web than any banning the moderators do. There are major population areas of the world (Asia, Africa, South America) that are seldom represented on any of the many forums I troll. I live near a siding in south central Manitoba Canada named Deerwood (population 0). I'm still thinking about the penguin farming in the Antarctic. Gerry Ritz used to raise ostrich, maybe we could send him there??

I'm from Denmark. We are dairy farmers in a pig-intensive area.
All small fields, our average is around 5 ha/field. for a flat land like this, we sure have a lot of hills. Highest point in Denmark is about 170 meters above water.

Interested in how others farm, and no forums around here with many users, so i look at a few foreign instead.

According to google map this is our GPS coordinates.
55.355279 N, 9.986981 E

brian from the uk , in the county of Lincolnshire ,
we are small fry compaired to some of you guys , 3000 acres of arable and 1500 sow pig enterprize producing weaners which go to other farms to be finished ,
grow w wheat barley , sugar beet oil seed rape and maize for an ad plant , run all jd,s apart from a mbtrac 1000 and a new Holland 7840 on hedge trimmer
have 8520 8530 6210 6920 6820 6610.. and 8370 rt and 6215 coming next year , shall post some pics of our machines and our country side
our field size range from 3 acres to 127 , run a lexion 570+ 30ft cut header ,and 24m househam 3600 litre sp sprayer

We are from Southern mn. A but 75 miles north of the Iowa border and 145 miles east of south dakota. 45 years ago when I came back from nam the average farm was 160 acres everybody had 15 to 20 milk cows 20 or 30 sows far rowing twice a year. And the women all had a couple hundred laying hens. Then the 1980's came. Now I suppose the aver@ge is getting closer to 1000 acres. There are 3 dairies within 20 moles that have 3000 milk cows each. Their is an egg producer that has 3 million laying hens. You are never out of site of a hog barn that has a least 1500 pigs. When I quit I had 2200 acres and 13 different lanlords. One of whom I had never met. I had no sons so I turned it over to my nephew. And now do custom work for him. This are is "was" not tillable until it was drained. Black heavy loam. In a nice or average year my cat 75 c will pull a 10 bottom plow. When the fall is wet 7 can be too much. The ground just turns to grease.

Riverina NSW Australia.
Gods country but the pollies are having their best crack to f&$k it all up.
I'm from The Mallee SA/VIC border Australia just into Victoria! fairly low rainfall but great spot to farm! :) 250- 300mm rainfall (10-12 inch) but as low as 8 only grow winter crops here not enough rain during summer to grow anything other than weeds. Mainly cereals grown here Wheat and Barley a lot of canola and lupins plenty of field peas and vetch as well. Some faba beans but very hit and miss few growing lentils and chickpeas.

41 - 60 of 72 Posts