The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our feeder house drum is pretty beat up, and dented very badly. Does anyone else make a drum besides for case IH? I am needing to replace the drum and the feeder house chain. I can reuse all of our feeder house slats, but I need the chain just like it came from the factory. I saw something called the posifeed roller, but I don't know anything about it. I would appreciate any help I could get.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I don't know about a drum, but you can get a heavy duty Drives brand replacement chain from Shoup Mfg. It even comes with all new bolts. I just put one in my combine this summer. I don't remember the cost, but my CaseIH dealer told me they don't offer just the chain. So it was 6 or 7 hundred for the whole thing. It was around 300 I believe. Found the link if you don't have a catalog. http://www.shoupparts.com/catalog/list.cfm?fldID=95500

·
Registered
50 Posts
Abilene Machine has drums, they seem to be perfectly good and are quite a bit cheaper than CaseIH. BUT, I usually just wrap the drum with 3"x1/4" flatiron where the chains run and wear grooves. As long as it's round where the chains go, it doesn't seem to matter performance-wise what it looks like. I've got 1680's around 3000 hours with the OE drums, they never seem to wear out in the middle.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
goalie, did you buy the posifeed roller one or the heavy rock retarder drum from A&I. The posifeed roller actually looks pretty good. In fact we had problems with this transition between the draper and our feeder house, and this drum would look to improve on this problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts