1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Ooohhh Deere
1,748 Posts
Is it when Elvis choked on that cheeseburger?:eek:

·
Registered
816 Posts
The B/W tv was snowy, but I was 12 years old and watched it live.:cool: Ed Sullivan was a Sunday night event back then.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Very slightly before my time, although not too long after this day the egg was planted to to speak ;). I am quite sure we never had a TV at that point in history ether.

·
Registered
511 Posts
yep i was minus 13 . dad was probably sowing wild oats in some lease country before he found mum.

was tellin my 3 month old the other day if he goes sowin wild oats to remember to not go to deep and dont use fertilizer.

funny the conversations insanity will bring up when the young fella has cried for an hour and finally smiles when you tell stories.

·
Super Moderator
3,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The B/W tv was snowy, but I was 12 years old and watched it live.:cool: Ed Sullivan was a Sunday night event back then.
I was in front of the TV, watching Ed Sullivan, just like every Sunday night.

Been a Beatles fan ever since.

Mark
Doesn't look like very many of us here remember that night, I'm glad you two do.

Ever wondered why or how The Beatles revolutionized the music and indeed, the entire entertainment industry as much as they did?
Sure, they were great musicians and even greater songwriters but no one or any group has gained the same universal acceptance The Beatles ultimately gained.

I believe it started with the timing. The United States was still in morning just two and one half months after the JFK assassination, the people,
whether the knew it or not, were looking for anything distracting or different, anything else to think about.
Presto, in pops the Beatles and takes the music world by storm.

Considering they were only on the world stage together for about eight years they're impact is a marvel!:eek::)

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
I was -2, but I am a huge Beatles fan. My best friend's sister was old enough, and had a lot of the records and such. We "discovered" them in the late 70's. We had a group of 4, we were going to be the next Beatles!!! ha ha. .. I bought every record, I still have every 33 1/3 LP of the original releases, I read every book I could find about it. The playboy interview of John was absolutely wonderful. I think I even shed a tear when John was murdered, my best friend took it really really hard.

BTW, I thought that was a pretty good show last night. Pretty cool to see Ringo and Paul together playing.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Saw Sir Paul this fall in Regina for second time .
Three hour show even waited hour so everybody was in , amazing!!

Imagine , Yesterday

1 - 20 of 20 Posts