The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a view on which fungicide in pulses like Field Peas or Lentils gives better results if applied at early flower or are they pretty much the same and go with the one with the best value?

I found this link on timing -- but haven't seen any research on different fungi aside from "Headline". http://www.reducedtillage.ca/article337.aspx

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
You could look at Priaxor which will also give some control for white mold. I would tend to go a bit on the later side unless your canopy is starting to close in on Lentils. If you've got a good crop coming and you can't get any Priaxor you could also use Quilt or Headline as you mentioned.
The lentil crop around Moose Jaw has gone for crap lots of flooded acres and the root rot in some fields is really starting to show up. Seen some pretty ugly pea fields as well. Calling for more rain here the next three days, and our pea and lentil crops can't take another drop. Just saying I think the value of pulses should increase.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Priaxor is supposed to be the best, good luck finding some if u haven't booked... But I think the timing and water volume is just as or more important (12+ gal/acre)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts