The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am getting a 1010..25ft header to put on my combine. It currently has a bat reel on it but have the option of getting a finger reel instead. I cut mostly wheat and on my last header, I had a finger reel, I really don't see much advantage of having it for wheat. I also raise Milo and Soybeans but useally run a Row Head for this. If for some reason, I wanted to straight bar the row crops...which reel would you recomend?

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
I'd personally prefer the finger, in case you have down wheat it's much easier to pickup with a finger reel. The bats are nice in standing grain but the fingers do the same thing while at the same time offer the extra insurance in downed crops. So all in all the fingers are great if you have to get close to the ground for any reason.

·
Registered
289 Posts
In milo and soybeans the finger reel works much nicer. The bats always flick milo heads and some beans over the front and rear of the head.
I still prefer the MacDon draper head for all these crops. That way one head does a fine job in all crops.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts