The Combine Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to purchase a new super B and want your input as far which one is better for what ever reasons. Also your thoughts on airlift axles , electric tarp openers or any other options.

·
Premium Member
4,294 Posts
I like the look of the Lode King trailers better, the fit and finish seems nicer too. Airlift axles for the price are only worth it if your doing long haul. 20 mile trips on the farm = not worth it. We have a electric tarp on one of our trailers and it is very nice, if you are heaping your truck with oats/barley then the electric tarp just cuts right through the grain and can cause problems (wearing out the motor or the cables jumping out of place) You need to fill less or shovel it down if your planning on filling it right up, not an issue if your loading legal weight with RSW tho. We have the Shur Lok openers on our Super B and they are excellent, very powerful, they could probably break a u joint. They could handle the rustiest tough chutes with ease. So thats a thumbs up for the electric tarp and openers.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just did some serious pricing of both of these trailers and found the LK to be about 10k cheaper than the DPKR with compaeable options, has there always been this difference?

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
We bought a Load King 2 years ago. Like mentioned about 10k cheaper for comparable trailer. It has been very good. One option we put on was the fifth wheel on the back of the lead trailer pivots side to side as well as front/back. Our fields have poor approaches and without this there is a lot of twist on the trailer frame. This feature makes it much easier on the trailer.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
great idea directway, thanks. Did you purchase from the Lloyd Fort Gary? When I stopped in there the guys seem pretty good to deal with!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Bought two tridems from Fort Garry in Lloydminister and I was very happy with them. Tried dealing with Fort Garry in Edmonton, all I can say is don't waste your time. Compared the Lodeking trailers to the Doepkers trailers which where just across the street at First truck, the finish and paint seem to be better on the Lodeking trailer, ladder setup on Lodeking was nicer to climb and I didn't care for the three hopper setup on the Doepker. Another option I like is the air weigh scales. But once you get use to air guages you can get youre weight pretty close.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Sounds like you made your choice. Lode King is cheaper, but in my opinion, Doepker is a better trailer, more resale value in the future, etc.

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier. I was away for a week. Yes we bought it from Fort Garry in Lloyd. The guys were great.

·
Registered
508 Posts
both are good the lode kings are cheaper but heavier so you loose a little payload so your choice but the lode king lode equilizers are easier to load. both are very reliable you dont need lift axles unless your running huge distances empty and pivitoing fifth wheel and lots of flaps for gravel are good options for farmers also aluminum wheels pay for themselves due to increasesed payload

1 - 14 of 14 Posts