The Combine Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am really wanting to talk to some owners of 8010's to ask lots of questions about them. I know some have been frought with problems. Others have run quite well. I'm not here to start any friction, but am just wanting the low-down on the 8010, both pro and con.

If anyone here feels uncomfortable posting directly, please feel free to PM me, as I'm just wanting to learn more about them.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I don't have one, had a chance to run one and also ran a CR 970 and 9860 Deere. The 8010 in my humble opinion was the best of the three but for the cost of the machine I thought it would perform better and do more per hour. I will add I have an 03 2388 and I was comparing all these combines to mine and for the money they wanted for them I just fill it was not worth the difference in money. The three combines should do 2.3 times the amount of bushels per hour when you are comparing the prices to my 2388. I think my 2388 had the quietest cab. The CR has the nicest Cab. The 9860 was very loud my first 1480 in 1981 was quieter. As for user friendly I think the CR was number 1 here. The stone trap on the CR was a pain having to stop to rengage it from the wads of corn stalks throwing it open dealer said they could adjust the sensitivity. In my opinion they are all drasticly over priced for what they can do.

From your location I see you are in Oklahoma how are things their where you are at. I have talked with some of my customers around Frederick and it sounds bleak over their way

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

From your location I see you are in Oklahoma how are things their where you are at. I have talked with some of my customers around Frederick and it sounds bleak over their way

Yes, it is looking mighty bad, here. It's still bone dry, though not as many fields are burning all the time. I can tell you, though, if things don't improve, either just cancel your trip here, or figure out some way to make a combine taste good. LOL!

Really, I do hope you have as good a harvest run here as others.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had a 2004 model that we have used for 2 crops. I farm in Saskatchewan. I have been very pleased with this machine. I feel this machine is about 40% bigger than my 98-2388 was. It is certainly a nice machine to operate.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Well unfortunately for me I do have an 8010. I'm now on my second 8010, it's a 2005 model. It is just as big of a piece of junk as the 2003 model I had. I took the transmission out in the 2005 within 6 hours of the combine being in my yard.

My problems have been the same ones everyone else has had and can probably be read in other posts.

The cab is good, the diagnostic monitor is very handy. If the combine would run without problems for more than half a day I would say I would never get rid of it. But since it never works it is gone.
Any questions, fire away.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Quote:Well unfortunately for me I do have an 8010. I'm now on my second 8010, it's a 2005 model. It is just as big of a piece of junk as the 2003 model I had. I took the transmission out in the 2005 within 6 hours of the combine being in my yard.

My problems have been the same ones everyone else has had and can probably be read in other posts.

The cab is good, the diagnostic monitor is very handy. If the combine would run without problems for more than half a day I would say I would never get rid of it. But since it never works it is gone.
Any questions, fire away.

Maybe ya ought to talk to Brian Fuller over in the northwest part of Marshal?

You will miss the cab, but all the options inside of an 8010 have been on his combines for almost ten years. Go with the combine ending in 5 for a couple hundred hours, you will find out how a combine should ride!

Good Luck

·
Registered
92 Posts
b575,

You are probably correct, but I don't think that is going to happen.
I'm afraid the next one will say John Deere on the side, but I can't say I'm real excited about that.

I'm still working on getting you an e-mail.

Have a great day.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Farmboy,

I'm 27 and from SWMN, I just put corn and soybeans through the combine.
Before the 8010, it was a 2388 that I was very happy with until it burned up.

The next combine will probably be a John Deere unless CNH gets there act together and treats me right.

I can't say I'm real excited about getting a JD combine, but after all that I've been through with CNH products(I also have a STX325 that is junk), sometimes you just have to do something different.

I still have faith in CNH, but it is getting hard to support them anymore.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Quote:b575,

You are probably correct, but I don't think that is going to happen.
I'm afraid the next one will say John Deere on the side, but I can't say I'm real excited about that.

I'm still working on getting you an e-mail.

Have a great day.

I PM'd you. Log in and click the little printer (I think it looks like a printer?) just south of my handle (b575), that will get mail to me and not everyone else (I think?)...........
You should have a message on your board when you log in, in the upper right hand corner. That will get you to your messages.

You probly already know this stuff, but I did not when first posting here. Combiness navigated me through it. Im not computer "savy".
Later

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Before the 8010, it was a 2388 that I was very happy with until it burned up.

Ontrack, I'm very sorry to hear about your loss.
I love Axial-Flows and think very highly of them. Fires are just sooo tragic.

However, before you end up getting a combine that you don't want in the first place, why not consider another 2388 in the first place? It's a proven design and also a combine you KNOW you will get along with.

Personally, I have nothing against Deere. They are also fine machines and among my favorites. After all, they did not get to the top of the combine market by producing junkers and crop butchers. Their engine issue is in the past, and it's time we buried that, and move on.

Still, I don't ever recommend buying ANY combine, regardless of color, capacity or even customer praise if it is NOT one's first choice. Trust me, I know what even hidden resentments cause. It's like one is anticipating problems and such.
Not good for either man or machine.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Combiness,

I would rather have a 2388 than a JD, but I feel after what I've went through with CNH products this last fall it may be time for a change.
I never had a 8010 that ran one complete day without problems. I had a STX 325 that the steering would lock up on. Once the stx almost hit a semi and another time it was going down the road and went in the ditch and almost rolled over.
So you can probably tell that it's time to give someone else a chance.

But after all of this I will still buy a red combine if CNH does what I want them to do.

I think the JD combine is a good combine. The custom harvester that I had to hire last fall runs many of them.

I do know one thing, I sure wish my 2388 wouldn't have burned.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Did they ever figure out why your 325 was going nuts

we just bought one...and ive never heard of someone haveing problems with them

just curious

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

I do know one thing, I sure wish my 2388 wouldn't have burned.

That's exactly my point. I also wish the poor 2388 had not burned. I love combines and feel really bad just hearing about someone losing one from a fire or whatever else.

Still, hold to the memories of your 2388 and don't be afraid of another one, a tried and true machine.

If you do go green, talk much to this harvester you know and really familiarize yourself with the combine. It's different than an Axial-Flow, but as I said before, it is also a very good combine, too. I just want you to be fully satisfied with whichever combine you do end up with.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Casefarmer,

The 325 is in the shop right now so I don't know if they have come up with anything on it yet.

What do you plan to use yours for? The shifting is also not the best. I was told they would have an update for the shifting and it would be available in January, but have yet to been told about it being available.

I hope yours is better and I hope you are not using it on a grain cart.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts