The Combine Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had to feed cows in the sheds and check the sheep but seamed to be a busy day around here saw 3 or 4 people out spraying and a couple of guys driving tractor gritters as well as the normal stock work going on. thankfully I was home with family by 10am

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'm a full time instrument technician in northern alberta and I'm on call from Christmas eve till new years eve. I got called out Christmas eve and am heading out again right now on boxing day. Luckily I was able to keep the calls away on Christmas day! Triple time, here I come!

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Battery operator. Me and my shift partner always both go in on Xmas. Just check a couple things and go home

·
Super Moderator
5,038 Posts
Greedy bugger!

My son in-law is a nurse, relishes those Dec 25/Jan 1 shifts, cah cing.:rolleyes:
Not this year Brad, on 6 week medical leave, hernia.:(

I see the 24 hour topic count here was as low as 41, lowest I've ever seen it, it goes under 50 about as often as it goes over 100, both fairly rare.
I'd say 60 is about average, SWAG.:)

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
I didn't plan on doing a single thing, but the potential son in law showed up with his diesel pickup after cutting its perfectly good exhaust system into bits. He's disappointed that it still sounds the same because of the DPF and asks if I can weld and clamp all this new crap together.

We did, but I think that junk will end up all over a beat to h*** side road leaving some lease in the middle of nowhere.

Couldn't find the time to get away from the yard until after dark, but found a new calf that I've been waiting on because of miss timing. All was well, as it should be, even though it was quite a cold night.

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
The lad is a bit of a project that I've adopted. We decided to play the board game Risk in the afternoon, its a geopolitical game about world domination. He didn't want to play at first, but my wife insisted.

Once he got started, he explained that the last time he played the game was when he was in a group home when he was 8. Two of the older boys in the game got into a fight using chairs and got taken to jail.

You just never know what someone's normal has been. So far, he's been well worth my trouble.

·
Premium Member
2,784 Posts
I use to enjoy working holidays, OT and peaceful. I have always enjoyed my jobs, so working was not a problem. This year has not been much work at all. 4 kids keeping me busy. Built a couple tractors this morning. Built a few log cabins yesterday, one was 5 stories tall. Did some computer programing and robot controls yesterday. It has been fun playing with the kids new Christmas gifts. I plan to spend the afternoon fixing my service truck. I can count that as real work. Merry Christmas everyone, working or not.

·
Ooohhh Deere
1,940 Posts
Usual job every year, keeping a certain spot on the queen bees couch warm. A couple of my younguns and I pushin out a few zzzzzzz's. been at this harvest thing since October 12 and still about 5 weeks to go. Gets abit mentally draining by about Xmas, so just eat, eat, eat, and then slip into an afternoon coma.;)

(QueenBee- aka- mother inlaw!):eek::eek:

·
Premium Member
3,107 Posts
4 months of combining... I'll take my 4 months of snow which provides me with a means to go ice fishing and sledding.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.