The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
been going since the 29th of Sept here, finished the 615ha of canola, it went .93t/ha, done about 650ha of wheat, some good some not so good, probably avg about 1.7t/ha at this point. Just started on a bit of barley on some ****e sand and as expected its going ****e, around the .9t/ha mark. We got between 4 and 12mm out of the big wet last weekend so I'm feeling pretty lucky, even up here there were blokes that got 30mm+

steve

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
been going since the 29th of Sept here, finished the 615ha of canola, it went .93t/ha, done about 650ha of wheat, some good some not so good, probably avg about 1.7t/ha at this point. Just started on a bit of barley on some ****e sand and as expected its going ****e, around the .9t/ha mark. We got between 4 and 12mm out of the big wet last weekend so I'm feeling pretty lucky, even up here there were blokes that got 30mm+

steve
Would these be considered average crops, or poor or very good?

I think you tipped your hand with the barley;)

·
Registered
255 Posts
Did a bit of canola for a neighbour a few days ago. Tried some Scope barley yesterday, moisture was 11.3 but straw like rope. Trying to cut it off at 4" to bale so will have to wait for it to ripen a bit more. Forecast for 40 degrees tomorrow and high 30's on weekend should bring things in. Few storms floating around, hope they stay away.

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
In the Cleve/Arno bay area there are a few guys that have started lentils, peas and the odd paddock of canola, but haven't heard any yields. The one guy I spoke to who was tipping Mace in his shed last weekend, said the samples they'd taken in were going H2 with proteins 12-13, and screenings were low, but he hadn't delivered any, and didn't say how many T it was going.

I should start peas next week. Have a few paddocks of Mace that might be close by the end of the week, but the rest of the wheat and barley is a couple weeks off.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.