The Combine Forum banner

why the 4435?

31K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  ploughboy 
#1 ·
My buddy has a 4435 and I was just wandering why JD made this combine when they had the 6620 and 7720? werent they all built around the same years? What was the difference between them? I know my buddy loves his and it really does a good job.
DM01

#4 ·
The 4435 is an German built combine. Deere to this day still builds 4 row machines for sale to some country's. Deere discontinued the 4420 but felt there was still a market for a four row machine in North America. So instead of taking factory space in the US to continue making low production 4420's they restickered a German built combine and exported them to the USA and Canada. They are fairly close to a 6620 in capacity but are rated for four row. They are a decent combine but there are no aftermarket parts for them and Deere's parts are crazy high. $1000 for a clean grain elevator chain ect. If you are unfortunate to break a non wear part you might have to wait a week or two for one to be airshiped from Germany.

#5 ·
they are a great small grain combine. easy to clean out when changing from seed plots un clip the cleaning show from the front and you can blow the out from front to back. but as a tech i wish they would have brought twice as many half as far. parts are to costly and hard to get. if you are ever unlucky enough to have a electrical problem good luck very poor wiring schematics and wires are not numbered to allow you to easily follow the problem.

#8 ·
4435 Repairs in Southwestern Ontario

Anyone had any luck finding someone who could repair a 4435 combine in Southwestern Ontario? Having issues with a leaking hydraulic line and local dealer isn't sure how to fix it. Thinks it might have burst under the grain tank but doens't know how the line is hooked to the combine and so unsure how to take it out.

#9 ·
Anyone had any luck finding someone who could repair a 4435 combine in Southwestern Ontario? Having issues with a leaking hydraulic line and local dealer isn't sure how to fix it. Thinks it might have burst under the grain tank but doens't know how the line is hooked to the combine and so unsure how to take it out.
No offence, but once upon a time I grew up in Ontario, and the only good John Deere dealerships I found were none. Might be able to try Premier in Mount Forest, unless that's too far north. Maple Lane (mennonite owned) has super service, a little blunt but those guys won't mess around.

In terms of your combine, I don't see why the hesitation from your dealer, I can find a 4435 on John Deere - Parts Catalog so I don't see why he's having issue on maybe parts availability or finding a diagram? A hydraulic line is a hydraulic line. I would reconsider whom you deal with to be honest, service like that isn't worth the $85-150/hr for a service tech.

If I may ask, where are you located? Did my degree at UofG.

Bruce

#12 ·
I hate those combines, should have burnt them all of the get go. In regards to the leak the thing to do is replace the steel lines with rubber. There's a couple covers you can take off in the grain tank to get access to the back end of those lines. We usually just unhook the steel lines and leave them there and route the new hoses along the right side of the combine. The trouble is figuring out which steel line is leaking because you can't see them, so I would suggest you just replace them all because they'll all leak eventually. You'll need metric fittings on the hoses, I can't remember the size but if you have a grimme dealer close by, such as HJV they usually have a good supply of the proper fittings, just make sure you measure twice and get the right length hoses.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.