The Combine Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
The first time I watched I thought holy crap they did not even chain it down .. I re watched in full screen . they did chain down obviously not with high enough rated chain .... the guy that ran in front if the dipshit driver would have paid attenchian I believe he was trying to tell the driver to get going ... I didn't even notice tell the second time viewing that the brake truck guy bailed out of the truck....could have been way worse...

·
Premium Member
5,250 Posts
Gotta love the amateurs and wannabe truck drivers no matter what country they're in :rolleyes:

Willing to bet the truck push on that fiasco got sent packing, probably transferred him to Ft Mac...get to watch the retards Mammoet hires daily in these parts...the Shirley brothers who first invented those wagons and were the predecessors of Premay must rolling over in their graves:(

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Wow. Lots of dirty shorts in that crew. That poor ******* walking along! Phew! yeah, looks like he was telling the guy to get going, which may have helped. Short term anyway, not sure where there was to go up ahead.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
i am surprised they don't have brakes because those fancy modular trailers are self levelling and self steering you would think they would have brakes maybe not set up or something I notice there some pretty old C500s maybe old Canadian trucks sent down there but Mamoet I would though to have better trained drivers and better equipped trailers on a job like that I guess not

·
Premium Member
5,250 Posts
i am surprised they don't have brakes because those fancy modular trailers are self levelling and self steering you would think they would have brakes maybe not set up or something I notice there some pretty old C500s maybe old Canadian trucks sent down there but Mamoet I would though to have better trained drivers and better equipped trailers on a job like that I guess not
Of course there are brakes...while on some Shirley wagons they are not on every axle, it depends on style as to how many. Same idea as some derrick dollies, there is always brakes on at least one axle.

Often they are plumbed with quick shut off valves on each the service and emergency lines at either end of the section, and this way you can control the brakes with either, the pusher or puller units, or some with each. I suspect when they for whatever reason unhitched the pusher, they screwed up and a valve got left closed. Why the pusher wasn't hooked up solid is beyond me. I gotta laugh at the loser steering it, he bailed:eek: least the guy upfront had some balls and road it out...stupidity in motion:rolleyes:

You wanna see what Mammoet scrapes off the bottom of the barrel for drivers...run 63 to Mc Murray either way, toss up which is worse, meeting them loaded or empty. Been some issues with them basically ignoring permit restrictions and such...there is a reason they can bid moving that stuff so much cheaper than Premay and others.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Of course there are brakes...while on some Shirley wagons they are not on every axle, it depends on style as to how many. Same idea as some derrick dollies, there is always brakes on at least one axle.

Often they are plumbed with quick shut off valves on each the service and emergency lines at either end of the section, and this way you can control the brakes with either, the pusher or puller units, or some with each. I suspect when they for whatever reason unhitched the pusher, they screwed up and a valve got left closed. Why the pusher wasn't hooked up solid is beyond me. I gotta laugh at the loser steering it, he bailed:eek: least the guy upfront had some balls and road it out...stupidity in motion:rolleyes:

You wanna see what Mammoet scrapes off the bottom of the barrel for drivers...run 63 to Mc Murray either way, toss up which is worse, meeting them loaded or empty. Been some issues with them basically ignoring permit restrictions and such...there is a reason they can bid moving that stuff so much cheaper than Premay and others.
I wondered why they used a winch not a push bar on the push truck. I always thought Momoet owned Premay but I guess Mullin does. I also had wondered if the brakes where shut off completely like no air going to them I guess if they sped up they may have got it back under control either way a bad mark on momoets belt right there

1 - 12 of 12 Posts