The Combine Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I custom harvest got about 350 acres left in east central Sask I am wondering what everyone thinks if we will get to harvest it yet this year. It is standing wheat we had almost 1 inch of rain Oct 26th and about 4 inches of snow after the rain.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
You never know in ths part of the country. Some years it all goes South at the end of September, other years I have combined the 15th of November. The next week does not look too promising though.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I have been watching the long range forecast and it does not look good. I think I will give it until the 20th of Nov. if nothing happens I will bring the equipment home. Thanks for the comments guys

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
What's wrong with the weather? Couldn't have been better and the forecast looks good here. Is SE Saskatchewan that much different? We have one more day of corn and 2 days of sunflowers to go still. I am not worried at all.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Mbfarmer the weather in Sask has not been the best. There has been lots of showers and at least 8 inches of rain through harvest in our area. Thankfully we are done but there is still guys trying to finish.
Hmm. We had lots of rain early in harvest here but the last couple weeks have been as good as it gets for this time of year. Even most of the low spots no longer have water laying in them. Still wet underneath though. Forecast looks nice for this week here. Gonna clean up the last of the corn tomorrow.

·
Registered
880 Posts
when I went to the auction in saskatoon from rb auctions 2 weeks ago I was surprised how many cereals were out yet, lots of oats.
always scratching my head about how you guys get away with such minimal tillage, frick we cultivate disc average of 2 passes and then ones with the harrows.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.