The Combine Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
20 KPH is pretty much ideal for spraying flat ground but too much for rolly ground.
Oh I agree, but the green on their scale says 20kph but it’s in reality only green when it’s around 30 and gusting much higher. Basically I can look at their maps and forecast and if it’s a brighter green I’m pretty confident that we won’t be able to go. Of course we’ll go and check anyway but it’s pretty handy for planning and getting an idea of when you will be able to go. Seems pretty accurate, once you understand that the green on their scale is actually much higher than it says.

·
Banned
1,418 Posts
If you piss into the wind and your boots get wet its too windy and you have to change your boots anyhow lol. In all seriousness, like LTK said it all depends on what and where you are spraying. 50k was my top with no problems, but a good field no wind gusts, treed headland etc.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
I have a hard time believing the 80km. Can't keep a hat on in that let alone chemical on the field. Maybe did no damage to the next field but can't believe the chemical would touch the ground in the field you were spraying.
It was not my call. There was no chance of damaging another field but I was also concerned about misses. The customer said do it anyway and we will see (pre-seed). It did a perfect job. I had no issues getting chem on the field (I run my booms LOW, 20-24 inches) but did have issues getting chem in the sprayer. I don't use a handler with a spike so I open and pour each jug and the wind would blow the chem all over the place while trying to pour it in. Also, I couldn't keep the the boxes and jugs from blowing away. A buddy that runs a floater had to shut down just kitty corner form me as the wind was blowing the fert all over the place. There were shingles lost and bins blown over than day.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Strange. Mine comes up with a map with arrows pointing in direction of wind. Can zoom in or out, right down to the quarter section.
Maybe a setting on browser, like animations are off, or graphics download is not automatic? Sorry not a lot of help here.

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
If Windy isn't showing any arrows, you need to turn off your browser's anti-fingerprinting feature. In Firefox, you type "about:config" in the address bar, then when it asks you what preference to search for, type in "fingerprint." Find the entry "privacy.resistFingerprinting" and double click it to turn it to "false."

21 - 27 of 27 Posts