The Combine Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This question is most likely for OZ CR owners.
Has anyone got a windrow chute design for a widebody CR with the large chaff spreaders on extended arms, chopper fitted - has no PSD?
Must be easy to fit, not weigh a tonne & doesn't block up!
There's not much room between the folded down chaff spreaders & the chopper floor to let material through.
I don't think discharge from the chopper is going to be a problem as the vanes on the chopper can be re-directed.

Design & pics would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hey rod , I have done it before I use a sheet of iron attach to 1 side an then a longer bit of wire hanging of the middle of the combine done to the edge so it made fall to 1 side we did this because he only was picking it up with a small baler with a narrow pick up size an work well

·
Premium Member
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Buzz. Windrow burning is the "hot topic" currently - yeah I know, bad joke there :)
I think I've worked out a way of doing it just by re-arranging a few bits on the chopper & chaff spreader.
The "windrow chute" that some use in WA for JD's & CASE etc simply don't give me any level of comfort at all, as all that straw & chaff is trying to fall in a narrow band -500 to 800mm wide - in a very narrow area i.e. between the chopper & the chaff spreaders.
Constipation of a combine is not a good day :mad:

·
Registered
233 Posts
No it is not ha ha ha all ways happens in the most itchy barley ever seen, I've done it down at geelong an had no issue , on my old cr970 where the spreader are closer to the back of the seives I had taken them of only takes 5 min as you well know

·
Registered
85 Posts
Neighbours have one on their 9120 that uses the same bolts as the ring feeder for the combtrailer. They don't do much road travel so just tow the comb behind service truck. It is basically a big funnel design. Research is showing that rows can't be over 500mm wide, otherwise they don't get enough heat to kill the seed.

·
Premium Member
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Neighbours have one on their 9120 that uses the same bolts as the ring feeder for the combtrailer. They don't do much road travel so just tow the comb behind service truck. It is basically a big funnel design. Research is showing that rows can't be over 500mm wide, otherwise they don't get enough heat to kill the seed.
Yes, Case is an easy fit/fix as they don't have a chopper in the way.
Widebody CR's are just that bit more "challenging" in this department.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Made one up which bolts to the spreaders. Two bolt holes on the top in the centre of the plate between the spreaders, welded nuts underneath to speed up putting it on. One square piece of 1.2mm sheet cut to the width of the machine. 1.2m long folded corners in to have a 550 opening at the bottom. Adjust the spinners to what angle you want. We also bolt on a piece of angle iron mounted in the two holes as well full width at the top. Works well.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Take the spreaders off, it is quick, 4 bolts and uncouple 2 hoses and one wiring harness. The Shute is easy to make then and the windrows are better. You are playing with fire with that slide design over the spreaders, we had a friend that used that design and saw ours without the spreaders on and they are now taking spreaders off!

·
Registered
18 Posts
pizzle 550mm opening at the base with tapered sides to the full width of the sieves. works well even in 5t/ha oat stubble (wandering). Have a camera on the back for possible problems, but as yet year 3 no worries, good windrows. and 2 mins to fit. if you were going to do all your crop i agree with 9060aus take the spinners off.

·
Registered
5 Posts
West Aussie. Can you supply any details about the camera system on the back of the machine, brand, cost, supplier etc. Can you see enough detail for checking out what is happening in the sieve area.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Check out "Centeral wheatbelt imports" on the net $100 for a wiring loom for the intelliview 3 and 4. + cameras and extention cables. just have to input two pins in your harness. Easy as!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts