The Combine Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's not a huge issue, but the windshield wiper on my 9600 is not working. When I turn it on, I can tell that it tries to move (by "try" I mean it moves a mm or two).

Is it most likely the switch, the motor, or what? If it's a relay or the like, where is it located?

Thanks in advance for the help. Again, I know it's not a huge issue, but I like to wipe the dust off the window every now and again ; and as-is, I can't. I also like to make the wiper change sides every once in a while, too...like when cutting a terrace, I don't like having the long wiper blade in my field of view..
and finally>>it is something on my machine that does not work properly, and I can not stand for something to be there are not work properly !!

(.) (.)

·
Registered
32 Posts
The easiest solution would be to quit cutting wheat in the rain. lol our 9610 did the same exact thing a year ago and the motor was burned up

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahhhh man! Quit cutting just because of rain?
No way! That's what the wiper is for, right?

I was thinking motor too..

·
Registered
131 Posts
Wipers are like four wheel drive on combines, if it's wet enough to need them, you shouldn't be in the field.

I would start with the motor since it's obviously getting juice through the switch.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tom, the only way the wiper will make it across is with some help. I appreciate the thought, but it's more than dry eye wiper.
I feel sure it is the motor itself.

Spud, thank you ,too, for the reply...and I was just joking about harvesting in the rain (obviously)
I do find it great for wiping the dust from time to time and I have been caught on the far end of the field when a shower hits..nothing like the wiper to wipe off that dust/water combo that messes up the window.

·
Registered
578 Posts
the one on my 10 didnt work, and whenever i had the headliner out putting in the greenstar harness i foud that it had came completely loose from it mounts. bolts and all were laying there with it. i simply unplugged it and put it on the shelf. dont need it imho so i never fixed it.

·
Registered
778 Posts
There's a logic circuit built into the motor that determines where the wiper stops when you shut it off. There's likely a problem in the contacts of the this circuit. It's behind the white plastic circle on the back of the motor. That plastic circle can be turned left or right to set the the stop point so maybe try moving it around to get a better contact. The other thing you can do is just straight-wire the motor. Then you would just have to shut it off at the right time to get the wiper to sit off to the side.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Well that would've meant leaving 90% of the crop in the field in these parts last year. 4WD is very common around here and last harvest anyone with out it would've given their right arm for a kit.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well that would've meant leaving 90% of the crop in the field in these parts last year. 4WD is very common around here and last harvest anyone with out it would've given their right arm for a kit.

Yeah, there are many that use 4wd, but one that comes to mind real quick is FarmerTony over in the CIH Forum. I've read plenty of his posts where he was harvesting in the mud, but he got it out (sounds like) because of tracks and 4wd !!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I would do what greentech said. Run a good voltage source to the motor, and then you will no if your motor is any good. Im thinking it is in your switch, unless you have run the wiper motor a lot it shoud not be wore out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts