The Combine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I thought this (Dutch) innovation might interest farmers and contractors on here. Especially those that do a lot of spraying and/or spray operators. I don’t know if you have ever heard of the Wingssprayer? The Wingssprayer is quite a clever and incredibly simple innovation that consists of a ‘wing’ fitted underneath the sprayer boom. The nozzles are mounted onto the wing by small carbon composit strips (every 25 cm), making the whole construction very light. With a set of universal brackets they fit pretty much every spray boom up to 40 metres.

The Wingssprayer has two main advantages. You all known the basic principal of the wings on a sprayer I hope. This systems works exactly the same way. The air stream created by forward motion opens up the crop (the wing travels just above it or just tickles the top of the plant) and blows the spray mist right down into the Crop. This means a near 100% coverage which you can only get using an air sleeve boom. Because the spray mist enters the crop drift reduction is 99,8% (proven by independent tests).

The second main advantage is the fact that, because your spraying with an 015 tip and creating a cloud of very fine mist, you can reduce the amount of water and chemical used. It’s inventor rightly claims (I think) the industry and government focus towards larger droplets in order to prevent drift. This is all well but it also kills your spray coverage and you need to use a lot more water. By spraying with a very fine droplet the whole of the plant is covered thus less prone to disease. Savings in water and particularly chemical can save a lot of money.

The improved Wingssprayer has been around for about three years now in Holland and it really is snowballing. It has come to a point where certain chemicals can only be used from 2015 onwards with the use of a Wingssprayer. Since we have a lot of water courses in our polders drift reduction is the number one topic. The biggest motivator for farmers is a reduction in chemicals = $ though.

I think this system has a lot of potential for farmers across the world. It certainly isn’t cheap but lasts long. It is made out of the same material as planes and chemicals won’t effect it. What are the thoughts about the system on here? The Founder ho has world wide patents and is showing his invention at one or two upcoming farm shows in Canada. I am not commercially linked to the manufacturer. I would just like to hear opinions both good and bad. The inventor thinks this piece of machinery fitted to a sprayer can change 'the world' so to speak. It would be interesting to hear opinions from across the globe.

Your thoughts please!

English video:

·
Premium Member
2,784 Posts
What speeds can you spray at? I spray at 10-16mph depending on the situation. I use 100ft boom. This is because I have a few acres to cover. Next, does it work on fallow ground or do I need to have the crop to help reduce drift? I have about 50% fallow and will not use 2 sprayers.

·
Registered
9,738 Posts
I think it would be neat for fungicide applications on wheat and beans but I would have to see them in person, as I find them very interesting, I am also very accident prone and I picture them as one more thing wraped up in a fence, but they may have thought about guys like me when the made them

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Thats basically what i do now with our PT Flexicoil with wind screens.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.