The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question. ...i own a 7010 2007 model with the a bit of a problem i think.....i have owned 14 series to 23 series combines and would not have a problem starting them in the cold....10 below or 10 above.....now i love the 7010 but i plug him in and still doesn't like to start like my older models.....i have seen the newer ones have grid heaters does this help...and the reason for starting in the cold is the last two years harvest has been challenging to say the least wet corn ,so our customers let stand to dry and snow cant harvest when its warm due to snow melt inside combine....

·
Registered
9,738 Posts
I think in 7 they had a heater but no light in the cab, father in law had one like that, turn key on wait till you hear a beep then it was done. They can be a pig to start sometimes, we put 500 watt stick on heaters on the lower side of the cvt housing and it helped tremendously

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
If your doing a lot of cold starts put an espar heater on it.

Espar - Truck Heaters, Cab Heaters, Engine Heaters, Coolant Heaters

I put one on my Maxxum 125 tractor which we use on the grain bag extractor. Now we can leave the tractor hooked on the extractor overnight instead of unhooking to find 120 volts or running generators. Jut set the timer to come on an hour ahead of when you want to start. Installing is fairly straight forward, a combine would be probably the easiest of all farm equipment. Cost me $1200 when it was all done. Going to put one in a few more things I think.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.