The Combine Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have two wireless cameras on our combine ,,,one on the grain tank and one on top of the cab pointed toward the unload auger,,, the display screen is in the buggy tractor ,,,so when the driver of the buggy tractor pulls up beside combine he sees what the combine driver would see ,,,from that view ,,,when we are topping off the buggy the tractor driver can see where the grain needs to go in the buggy and the combine driver doesn't have to tell the driver to speed up or slow down,,you can have up to 4 combines ,there are 4 channels of wireless cameras ,,,just put the number of the camera on the side of the combine and the buggy driver just puts that number in his display screen..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes just bought extra display for combine today,,,you don't have to buy kit just buy extra wireless display,,you can run as many displays as you want ,,,kit comes with channel 3 and 4 cameras if you want more you have to order channel 1 and 2 cameras,, but you can put as many displays as you want

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
we are runninng on quarter mile rows and the driver says they can see on display all the time 1200 ft,,,,, thinking of putting extra camera over in combine bin so they can see how full the combine is...

·
Registered
718 Posts
We have the same thing on our combine so that the truck driver can seeinto the back of the truck eithout having to look through the back window all the time. We also have one on the back of the truck for backing up to the auger. We mounted the third camera on the back of the combine so we can see the spread pattern and see when backing up.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
we are going to take the cams off of the combine and cart when harvest is over and mount the cam on the load out auger and put the displays in the truck cabs so we don't have to get in and out all the time when loading

·
Premium Member
4,295 Posts
What brand name camera systems are you buying? I have thought about this as well but the potential install and maintenance time has kept me away from it. I use cameras mounted on the cart itself.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Are the wireless camera powered by a battery ? What is the life of the battery and how do you turn the cameras onand off?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
there is a big connector under the cab by the cab filter (9770) pin A and B are the + and - on and off with the key ,, we put pins in the connector and run the wire up between the cab and grain tank ,,,take a volt meter and check but i think A is Hot and B is ground ,,,,,CHECK

·
Registered
26 Posts
Doesn't the image in the monitor give a bunch of staticwit the picture?? I just got mine and tried it from about 15 M away and the picture was terible!! Don't know how this could ever work well. This is the cab cam that I tried and it was awful. I think I'll have to trade it for the wired ones and run all the stupid wiring. Unless you can think of something that I may be doing wrong??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts