The Combine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Farm two way head set is not wireless. We use a setcom brand for it. Phone headset is a blue parrot. Setcom does make a wireless headset that does phone and a radio, problem is it costs over two grand. You can get a Bluetooth communication setup, problem is it only works with a jawbone. I just wear two headsets, not all bad having both ears covered up in a noisy chopper cab

·
Registered
71 Posts
On our two-way radios in our combines, we use a remote mic mounted a couple feet away on our monitor with a foot activated push button. Push button with your right foot, talk normally, mic transmits over two-way radio - just like holding the regular mic, but you're handsfree. Radio has to be "push to talk" capable. I can take pictures if need be.

I would not wear a headset all day long, all harvest long.

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
If your going to pump that kind if money into headsets you may as well get setup with Bose A20 or Lightspeed noise cancelling headsets, both are Bluetooth capable, voice activated and will play music. The noise cancelling is amazing and they are very comfortable (pilots wear them all day). It might take a bit to tie them into your two way radios though, phone is just pairing.

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Engbert2 you must whisper pretty loud. All manufactures struggle with cab noise. You will not convince me your color has it figured out. The most difficult part of the noise is the loudest location in the cab is right where your head is at. Levels can get above 90 decibels when you are shoving grass through it hard. I have never had good ears, and I will work hard to keep my operators ears intact. Just to make you happy I will tell you I run Krone

·
Registered
18 Posts
ohiocutter ... yes the wisper is over exaggerating it a little but you can talk to each other at a normal volume and not have any trouble ... compared to all the other equipment on the farm including tractors and combine it is as quite as anything we have especially compared to the fx60 we had before this year ... we have a 2011 fr9060 and i rode in a bigx 700 a couple years ago and i thought that was pretty quite also

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.