The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to keep the wobble box mount tight on my 222 platform header. I started having trouble last year while cutting milo. In 300 acres it came loose 2 or 3 times, and so far this year I've only cut 15 acres of oats and it's loose again. I've tried putting locktight on the grade 8 bolts but they still come loose. Any ideas? Could it be the blades are dull and putting alot of strain on the mount? If that's the case, how many acres should you get out of a set of blades? Thanks

·
Registered
73 Posts
Does the end of the header that the wobble box is mounted seem to shake more than usual? It could be that the bearing on the bottom of the wobble box is about to go out. Had to replace the bearing on a 930 head a few years back. The head would shake, and once the bearing was replaced it was back to normal.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Is it the entire box coming loose or the two knife head bolts that arent keeping tight? I guess Im not sure which bolts your exactly talking about. The bolts that mount the gearcase to the mount. Or the ones that attach the mount to the header? If Its the two 1/2" bolts on the knife head the arm and pillow block may be worn smooth. Supposed to be horizontal grooves so they mesh which sets the height of the first few knives in the guardes. Once they wear smooth, theres no keeping them tight.

·
Registered
45 Posts
check your ball joint on left end beween seal and skid shoe that is attached to cast arm , if it is bad it will vibrate bad and give you trouble gl

·
Registered
385 Posts
Another thing to check is the the wobble box mounts and the rest of the end of the header that the wobble box sits on for cracks. They can cause bolts to loosen up and if you do have another vibration that could cause the end to crack up. It is a fairly common thing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts