The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a company around that rebuilds the auger/tube on a BG air cart, or is it even worth doing? Thinking maybe I just bring the yard auger to the field for transferring between trailer to cart.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Any welding/machine shop should be able to source a tube and flighting, as well as mounting it on the existing brackets. Then swap over the hydraulics etc.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Rosetown Flighting or Accutwist in Rosenort should be able to weld new flighting on your auger. they would probably have new tube as well.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Last one I had done at machine shop 7" $1300 or so.
When them augers are done they are done usually, flighting, shaft and tube transfer brackets over and motor.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe not worth putting any money into it, just hate grinding expensive seed but maybe the damage isn’t as bad as it sounds.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Find a bent or damaged auger some where. 8" preferably. Not sure if hydraulics could handle 10" but likely could. Cut off the same length as your auger and make a hydraulic motor plate for the end. Always seems to be a auger somewhere cheap. I have did the auger from home on our old tow between prasco. It was actually real easy as well with a longer auger spout. I never had to even move the auger back then as I could turn into the auger spout hitting the fill holes every time. Those old Prasco's had the tank attached to the cultivator and backing up required no brains. There were so many things that Prasco had in their design back then that impressed me. Stainless steel metering system standard and best lids I have yet to see anyone beat. They had their TBT tank attached with a system to help the cultivator on dips and rises changing the angle of the cultivator keeping seed at a more even depth than any 5710. The set up made the seeding unit real short too. Not a mile long train. I miss some of that Prasco, But not all of it including cleaning it out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bourgault wasnt insanly priced on augers we replaced the 10 in auger on a 6550 i think tube was like $2900 and flighting $1100

1 - 8 of 8 Posts