The Combine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has a specialty rotor right now. Would it be worth putting in an AFX Rotor or the Kit that's a little more afordable? If any of you have done it, will it noticeably increase capacity or make a cleaner sample? Lastly if i decide to do it would it be better to go the cheaper route with the afx kit or should you get the whole rotor? Thanks for any help

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
If you already have a specialty rotor just put in the Kile kit and put the other 4k in your pocket, or you can put it in my pocket if you are feeling particularly gratuitous. :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I would install the axcellar kit from Argis 2000 in listowel it's not to far away from you. We installed it in our 2366 and it made a big difference we were able to cut half an hour to an hour longer at night. Also cuts back on rotor growl quite a bit. Will also give you a little more capacity.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I was going to get rid of my red combine long time ago....put a Kiel kit in I still have a hard time believing it is the same machine....I bet I have way more than saved the cost in the kit in fuel savings....it still boggles my little brain how case could have been so stupid for so long before the fixed the front of the roster...of coarse if they had half a brain they would have picked the correct diameter for there rotor and make it out of an actuall pipe instead of a porlly rolled tube tacked to gether. .....you will not regret it no matter how you get it

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Funny thing is, Kile makes a kit for the afx too and it is a hot seller.

If your specialty is in good order and you like the job it does, keep it and install a Kile kit as well as their transition plates and you can keep 90% of your settings.

The money you save can buy a new rear axle for your machine.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I would suggest the Kile kit. My neighbour installed one in his 2188 w/ specialty rotor for this harvest. I have the kile kit ready to go on our AFX rotor. I put in the rotor transition bars last year from kile. I'm not sure why there were rub bars in the cone? It doesn't make sense.

case you've turned up your pump and unhooked your waste gate with good results? I turned up the pump on our 7240 and unhooked the wastegate on it. It made a huge difference. There is a pyro on it so I can see how warm she gets though. 230 HP compared to 280hp too. I have to check fuel pressure on it this year, it might need new fuel pumps or an overflow valve.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys ill look into it. Got some other stuff to do on it to deal with the air conditioning changing concaves and putting new rasp bars in. Can't wait till harvest starts!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts