The Combine Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Struth, I don't have any so haven't watched, they rarely take wheat and they don't store there because of storage costs, so it's all transferred, stupid really. If I ever grow canola but I'm in luck as January they normally transferring so can drop in if I have storage. I will warehouse my wheat at toolondo and not sure about Portland, it will be ready around Xmas.

Would it be possible to get malt grade off a spring crop? They do ship malt barley out in late jan feb usually, and if it fails malt have the local feed market right here.

Now at $307 a tonne...it's closer to $400 than $200....WW4 I'm waiting....

Ant..

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Jeepers, that's handy, I'm just researching prices now, I don't understand why some grain traders are $10 off the pace on certain grades at same site..is it to do with charges etc?

AWB are like non existent in my part of the world...just trying to work out toolondo wheat destination...Portland is a bit easier being at end of season can sit a little...

Ant...

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
330 delivered Downs (Qld) for SFW wheat Jan onwards. Market is pretty hot with the sorghum crop on the ropes.
Have bought wheat this week for 300 farm on the downs with a 2.5 per/t a month care.
I'm figuring wheat will up quick if we keep missing these storms.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
I don't have storage so I will get raped next year in the event I grow a crop worth harvesting.

Where do you find buyers in melbourne, I think glencore might even purchase? I'm hoping I get employee discount or bonus....

Ant

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Faba beans quoted by glencore $445 delivered dooen, Horsham. Or deliver melbourne buyers call

Also found I can do Port delivery of canola through AWB in Portland....I have a canola trial going in next year...and monola as that can go to millicent...

As usual Hamilton grain corp site has lepresary. Everyone avoid it like the plague...business opportunity waiting there if you have the right site....some good crop around that area as usual....contract storage for farmers etc...

Ant...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.