The Combine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Combine found a few spots of green beans and had to unplug the cylinder a few times. Has anyone found an open end 1 and 1/8 ratcheting wrench that would make the job of adjusting cylinder opening quicker? All I could find on line were smaller wrenches up to 3/4.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I just use a 1/2 in drive ratchet with an extension and an attachment to put the bigger socket on. Easiest thing I've found. Had to unplug a few times? I would check out the shape of your bars and concave if you're having lots of trouble. They need to be good and sharp

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
what we have done to save time is leave your top nut alone, so you can quickly return to your previous concave clearance setting.

Loosen the lower nuts quite a ways.

Kick in the seperator, and the cylinder will rise up, run the slug through, and come back down.

Disengage, and go tighten the bottom nuts, and the side retaining nuts, and you are ready to roll again.

·
Registered
680 Posts
My L3 only has one big nut on each side to tighten the cylinde. The bolts to adjust the clearance have a piece welded to the top of it like a jack handle. Just have to leave it lowered enough that I can spin the handles under the cab. I can go from completely closed to open in less than 2 mins. I'll post a pic if I remember to take one

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.