The Combine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wtb

i will have combine tore down this winter and rather then spend two hours every time i change from corn to wheat and have to deal with a terrible vibrating cylinder especially when spinning at high speed in wheat. would like to try a enclosed cylinder

·
Registered
388 Posts
I'm not an expert on the subject, I'll just say a neighbour put a Sunnybrook cylinder in a TX66 and is very happy with it. Said he can run circles around his 2388 that has a new AFX rotor and concave in it. He has used it in wheat and soybeans. Has not done corn yet.
I'd like to try a solid cylinder in my Gleaner L. My option there is a PFP cylinder as Sunnybrook no longer makes them for the old Gleaners. I've been told it will boost capacity.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Don't go Sunnybrook, especially if you have corn. The bars are too sharp and create excessive kernel damage. Plus replacement bars are double the price of the Precision Farm Parts cylinder. Just put the PF cylinder in with a beater speed up kit and you will be happy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I might have a source for used Sunnybrook stuff for you. There is a farm in my neck of the woods that traded their fleet of 9660wts machines in last summer on new S machines. We bought one of their used ones. Stopped by yesterday to meet and visit with the head mechanic. He thought they had a few used Sunnybrook cylinders and concaves in their inventory. I think they would sell them. I didn't ask since I'm not interested in a Sunnybrook. I just ordered the whole performance package from Mike at Precision Farm Parts. Should get it in a week or so. Our 9660WTS is a spike tooth and we want to change it to a rasp...since we have to buy the parts anyway this is a good chance to go with the good stuff from PFP. We do Red and Crimson clover and I was advised that the Sunnybrook rasp bar design is to sharp to thresh clover well.
Can anyone help me out in figuring out what all parts (besides the main stuff like the cylinder and concave) I will have to change when going from the spike to a rasp? I thought all the 96 series would be the same (we also have a 9600 rasp machine that we are very familiar with) but it looks like the WTS is a slightly different cat looking at JDParts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.