The Combine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
combiness why are you constantly jacking with threads and moving them around. the 8820 thread in particular. its been in the deere forum for over a year. it in my opinion is one of the most enjoyable threads to read. its shows how one young fellows hard work and determination brought back a classic!!!!!!! been here for over a year in this forum and now its moved to the back shelf. do you just not have anything to do or what??? same goes with the north texas milo pics. its not like there is an over abundance of new threads contributed on this page daily.

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Re: wtf is up with moving threads all the time????

I would also like some sort of explanation on this deal-this is out of hand-

Why is putting a MacDon on 60 series more of a header question than a Deere question? Why is a discussion about an 8820 a photo or blog? Is it really a blog or photo because it contains a photo? Is the photo the point or is the photo to reinforce the point? Why should it be a header question when it pertains as much to a certain brand of combine as a header? Is Deere single point hookup really a header issue or a Deere issue? What is the justification? Is it safe to assume that the original poster put it in an area because that is where they thought it made the most sense? Would it make sense that if the header issue is brand specific and not even really about the header--like hookup/auto head height/etc it should stay in the Deere/Case/Agco et al section so those people can answer it?

Should my for sale posting that is for a header go to headers out of FS? It contains photos, is it a photo or blog? It makes as much sense to me as some of the moves.

The moved threads seem to be plugging up my 100 most recent posts (11% this morning, 20% if you count duplicity, yes I counted before brewmax posted (thank you!)). It clutters different boards as it goes to: Moved: insert thread title to Headers or Blogs (apparently it is multiple choice between those two) by shall remain nameless. Irritates the heck out of me.

thanks for listening and God bless America

·
Registered
209 Posts

Personally, I think there are too many sub boards. I started my 8820 thread back in July of '06 in the John Deere combine forums. I would like to see it back in the John Deere combine forum if possible. It is a John Deere and it's a combine. I have been posting pics of various improvements, action shots, before and after shots, discussion of some of the things that we have done to it, etc..... It seems to be a popular thread with almost 11,000 views. Though I would like for it to stay in the JD combine forum, if Combiness thinks it should be in the picture and blog forum, then that's her choice. But I think that every thread that has pictures should have to go there. It's only fair.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts

This topic has already been addressed via PM guys, I took notice and tried to correct what I could as fast as I could. I'm out of the office and on the road so I'm not around as much right now. Sorry for the frustrations.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts

I agree. I've noticed that a lot of threads in all the combine sections have been moved. Which I couldn't really make sense of since nearly all of the threads that were moved were pictures of the combines that went with that thread. Why can't pics of a JD combine go in the JD section? Or pics of a Gleaner go in the Gleaner section? If its got something to do with the brands of combines covered in that section then I don't see why they're being moved.

·
Registered
20 Posts

Thank you Combiness. I agree with the 8820 thread being a great "combine" thread full of interesting pictures that add to its value.

SilverDollar

1 - 9 of 9 Posts