The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading the posts on the WTS, I was wondring has anybody on this board run them yet? Do they have a little bit more capacity then the 96XX series without the seperator drum. I know they've had something like that on their European combines for years. Anybody own or have run the 615 pu header. Thing is almost as wide as the straight cut header on my old 95. Also, any thoughts on the current STS series with the bullet rotor and 9 liter engine. We got our 9760 from machinery link on thursday. Its a year old so its not one of the new ones. I'm just wondering how these new combines are running.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:The bullet rotor is a 200% increase over the standard.

Does it do a better job threshing wheat. I thought the bullet rotor had rasp bars instead of those threshing elements. I would think the rasp bars would be more aggressive. Last year was our first year with a rotary combine, the 9760. Dockage was .2-.3% which is pretty good. But it seemed like I had more whitecaps or unthreshed kernels then I would have liked.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
I think it not only feeds easier but allows you to travel greater speeds. The straw doesn't just hit a flat wall then feed it's gradually sloped into the rotor allowing greater ground speed and requring less HP. Overall there's no comparison between the standard rotor and the new bullet rotor. Anyone who has spent enough hours 300+ in one will tell you the same thing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
"Anyone who has spent enough hours 300+ in one will tell you the same thing. "

Oh? I wouldn't be so sure of that.

There is no difference in normal conditions, the only time you see a considerable change would be just like jojo said, weeds and when the straw is tough.

All rotor configs aside the 9 liter falls on its face and fuel consumption was very disappointing.

About the only positive is the air scoop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts