The Combine Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If the auger is specified as a 21' auger, where is this measured from and to? I guess what I really want to know is how many feet from the center of the combine will the grain be entering the grain cart. I'm trying to figure out if I can do some controlled wheel traffic and still hit my auger wagon.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Now I just need to know where the auger is mounted on the combine (how far from the center of the combine)

·
Registered
177 Posts
The 21-foot unloading auger uses an 18-foot section with the 3-foot unloading boot to
equal 21 feet.
The 24-foot unloading auger uses a 3-foot extension with the 3-foot unloading auger boot
to equal 24 feet.
I don't know how much the boot throws the grain. Hopefully this helps a little.

·
Registered
82 Posts
According to the operator's manual for a 21 foot to the end of the unload auger when fully extended is 290.5 inches. Now in the picture it shows the boot on the unload auger as the old style that you see on the 2500 series and before where the grain drops virtually straight down. However, on the 6088 that we have sitting in the shed the boot is similar to what has been on the 70/8010's and the grain actually gets thrown out further, so I'm guessing that to hit the center of your cart it will have to be beyond the 290.5 inches but by how much I do not know. Another 10, 15 20 inches?

·
Registered
82 Posts
About 3 feet

3 feet?????? Wow I didn't think the boot would send it that far out if that is the case maybe we would have been able to get by with the 21 foot auger cause the 24 sure sticks out there and is high. Have one customer that has some 250 bushel wagons from like the 1970's that we sometimes fill, thinking it will be fun trying to hit them with the auger.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have two 2388 and a 2188 and was wondering what it would take to put this new style boot on my bines. Are the auger diameters the same?

·
Registered
728 Posts
Isn't the way that they get the higher unload speeds out of the 6088 & 7088 by just putting on a different size sprocket on the unload chain?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Tried to put new style boot on combine today, did not work so great. New boot is bigger than auger tube. Wraped a length of string around outside of auger tube and measured it, it was 39" around. Did the same to the new boot and looks to be 45" around. The boot I orderd was to go on a 7088 just wonderd if I was to go to a 5088 or 6088 if it would work? Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Look here:
http://www1.caseih.com/northamerica/PartsService/Pages/search.aspx
model: 5088
figure: 09E-15
part number: 87470153 (3 ft auger extension)

Now check the same figure for the 6088 and 7088. Same part number listed. Since the extension is part of the auger, the rest of the auger must be the same diameter for it to function correctly.

2188 uses different lengths of auger, so the part numbers are not the same.
Maybe you can cut a notch in the plastic to make it fit the smaller tube with a big hose clamp?

·
Registered
620 Posts
The new X088 series has the same auger/tube dimensions as the x010/x120 series and are different than the old 2300/2500 series. Nothing interchangeable between the new series combines and the old. The 5088 is less unload capacity due to different operating rpm than the 60/7088.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts