The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you get with the x20 compared to the 591? Can a guy trade up to the x20 on a 6700? Rocky mountain dealership told me that you cant upgrade a 7700 that was not originally ordered with sectional control. Is that correct?

·
Registered
61 Posts
You can up grade after but it is stupid expensive. To upgrade from a 591 to a x20 on a 6700 is somewhere around $25000 if i remember right. X20 gives you the option for vrt. 591 you can not do it. If you run blockage monitors, they are way nicer to setup and trouble shoot on the x20.

·
Premium Member
8,228 Posts
591 will have different wiring from the Topcon stuff. Trust me you don't want to buy the BG wiring harnesses and convert it all.:eek: I don't think the X20 can do sectional control, just X30. A 7000 series with an X30 should be able to have sectional control added to it. I could have put it on mine but chose not to. 591 won't do prescription rate control and isn't as fancy but works fine as a seeder monitor.

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
If you have a 7000 series tank with x30 monitor you can add sectional control for around 34g, which includes all new manifolds with all the gates & diverters. For what you get I didn't think it was too bad. My local RME dealer did exactly this, that's where I got the price quote.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.