The Combine Forum banner

281 - 300 of 336 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Pattinson has some demo stats. The one I saw was about 1500 bph in durum average on a nice day and dry durum. The other one was barley with 1800bph avg. not exactly impressive. Actually been doing that with my 760tt this year

·
Premium Member
5,565 Posts
With the dry harvest conditions all rotors machines will have big capacity this year. Last year would have been a much better year to see a difference in the different type of rotor designs.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Pattinson has some demo stats. The one I saw was about 1500 bph in durum average on a nice day and dry durum. The other one was barley with 1800bph avg. not exactly impressive. Actually been doing that with my 760tt this year
I would definitely hope it's better than that. We were doing around 1200 bushels an hour with a cr9090 and a cr9080. We were only running about 70% engine power because the graincart couldn't keep up. Probably could have gained another mile and hour if we had the ability to get it away from the combines this year.

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
There are videos and comparisons all over Twitter. Has been on a few farms with multiple claas combines, one class owner told me during the day the throughput was even to a bit better than the claas, in the evening, the claas had a very slight advantage.
Sounds like they have been working quit well, going to take a couple years to get them out by the sounds of it, but we will see many of them I’m sure.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I think it’ll be a very good machine but it makes me wonder what everyone should do with the STS series because I’d say the twin rotor will be superior to them for sure. The sieve area and lack of shoe augers is worth getting rid of the last 25 years of deere machines alone!

I talked to a fella who ran a hdr header last year and he preferred the Macdon over it. He is green all the way except the heads fwiw

·
Registered
570 Posts
Yes the HDR or whatever they call the new deere hinging drapers. We didn’t get into details. This guy switched to Macdon in 2017 after having fd deeres. Grows lot of edible beans and thought Macdon did way better job.

·
Super Moderator
3,467 Posts
Yes the HDR or whatever they call the new deere hinging drapers. We didn’t get into details. This guy switched to Macdon in 2017 after having fd deeres. Grows lot of edible beans and thought Macdon did way better job.
Thanks, the ribs on the drapers looks interesting for seed saving.
Not going to take long for the header market to heat up again.

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
They have some new header prototype out. Hyd type buddy wheels, 3 piece reel, not sure what else.

281 - 300 of 336 Posts