321 - 336 of 336 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
10 highschool kids and 130,000$ machines

Vs

The Donkey on an x9

Who wins
Who Wins? I'd say it would likely be the parts and service department's of the equipment local dealer.

Now for the 1 Mil price tag on these things, if this farm in that video is running seven S790 combines and lets say for easy math those combines are priced at $750,000 each...that's $5.25 Mil in just combines. If they bought four of the 1100's, those should be close (if the capacity of these things are correct) to the same capacity of the seven S790's....and it would be roughly 1 Mil cheaper. Plus, that's three less headers to buy and maybe some fuel savings from running three less combines?

What I wonder will happen when these start hitting the trade-in market. I remember hearing someone ask a Macdon salesman when they would be offering a 50' draper and his reply was "as soon as we start selling off all of the used 45' drapers that we have sitting around."

·
Registered
583 Posts
The problem with the 45 is that it doesn't follow the ground as nicely as the 40 and it's not a big enough of a step up to make it worth the hassle in most cases.

A 5 Plex, 60 ft header would an interesting proposition.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Many fields around here are not worth removing a header for 4 times a day. Nobody wants the headache. I live where there are trees and and back roads with them on either side. My 35' D60S was rubbing branchs bad getting to one field of barley yesterday to test. Inchs to spare between 2 big poplar at the field entrance too. You will drive down a grid here with a 36' but not with anything bigger. It just becomes a pain to own anything bigger. The less time in and out of the cab the better in my world. I rent land that has places that my 80' sprayer cant turn in without stopping. My 54' drill takes a licking on these tight areas to turn. In the south with huge fields or Australia the sky is the limit really. The majority of the market in my neck of the woods is in that 36' I think that travel faster with the big iron.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Who Wins? I'd say it would likely be the parts and service department's of the equipment local dealer.

Now for the 1 Mil price tag on these things, if this farm in that video is running seven S790 combines and lets say for easy math those combines are priced at $750,000 each...that's $5.25 Mil in just combines. If they bought four of the 1100's, those should be close (if the capacity of these things are correct) to the same capacity of the seven S790's....and it would be roughly 1 Mil cheaper. Plus, that's three less headers to buy and maybe some fuel savings from running three less combines?

What I wonder will happen when these start hitting the trade-in market. I remember hearing someone ask a Macdon salesman when they would be offering a 50' draper and his reply was "as soon as we start selling off all of the used 45' drapers that we have sitting around."
I totally agree these multiple machine operations are exactly the market not 1 or 2 combine operations . A local 10 S series machine operator has purchased 4 Claas this year . Simple math 10 machines 30,000 acres = 3000 /machine , in canola if you go from 3 mph to 4 mph + 30% you eliminate 3 machines + fuel , maintinence and hard to find labor .

·
Registered
583 Posts
If they can harvest 30k acres in swan river country with only 4 machines I'll be impressed.

Or did they just trade 4 deeres on the claas

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
I will be sitting, hopefully driving in an X9 tomorrow. In a field with multiple S780’s. 50’ head.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
No I didn't stick around to see it run. They were going in Canola the night before. Just starting some durum when I left.
I think mostly the JD faithful are getting to run it. The SCE guys can't leave it. I gave them a hard time about putting filler strips in for the durum and I left.
South Country has put about 100 sep hours on it with very little issues. One belt rubbed through an A/C line. Good productivity running power limit mostly with the smaller X9.
The SCE guys seemed impressed with the 50' head and the cab door that shuts like a soft close trunk or suv hatch. I think the 410/20 bu hopper might be a sticking point for some.
I have questions that they don't have a lot of answers to yet.
Very limited release by the sound of it for next year as I've been hearing all along. Like 2 between all the SCE stores.

321 - 336 of 336 Posts