The Combine Forum banner

341 - 360 of 374 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
It certainly sounds like they're in the ball park . For a completely new " to them " design I'm sure that with the inevitable changes to the limited production machine and the " farm fixes " it will become a very competitive machine .

·
Registered
326 Posts
Probably bound by NDAs, so the only thing you'll get is second hand information. Apparently no one who's ran the X9 is allowed to make direct comparisons to other machines.

My neighbor is a large operator and his crew ran one for a few days. They liked it and the hired guys are talking like they'll have a few units for next season. Had a look briefly at it when it was in their yard a couple weeks ago. Big machine, lots of pulleys and shields. Couldn't really see much of the mechanism without removing a lot of shields.
Was told a farmer up north bought that machine since it has all it's demo hours on it,didn't know that was possible since it was a preproduction machine.

·
Registered
326 Posts
We tried one in canola was just over 60 bpa crop they had a 50 foot header on it so were travelling at just over 3 mph to be at .9 bpa loss we were going just over 4 with our 8700 s and throwing out .5 of a bu. Straw was ideal conditions for separating grain was testing 10. At 5 mph with our claas we were at epl and was 1 bu going out the back there’s could go 4 so same acres per hour and was over 2 bu out the back so it’s not this beast monster they describe however it is a nice machine that I think is almost in the same league as a new holland or claas. Chopper spray a full 50 feet but left 3 rows like 790 does now. Very comfortable to drive unload auger seemed same speed as claas. Seemed to feed smooth could feel when it was full but nothing was hammering to hard. Less dust outta feeder house the steering seems nice unlike the claas that gotta turn twice as much. There’s definetly more belts and moving parts than a 790 but still a far cry from claas. I think will be a capable machine but what I seen we were 105 percent more production and throwing out 40 percent less so There’s my review as far as fuel use I ll bet they didn’t win that category either but can’t say for sure
Only 3 more belts than the s790.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Supposedly there’s a 10 in our part of the woods running against some Claas. Haven’t heard to much other than that.

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
It would be interesting if someone would take a few samples from different brand machines into town for some dockage assessments on broken seed content.

·
Registered
890 Posts
No matter how good it is, all you claas guys in this forum will never admit anyway! So do you really care about comparisons! 😂
Maybe you should read the posts I don't believe anyone has called it down and if you don't think a heads up comparison is relevant then the only color blind person here is obviously not the Claas guys . We are simply looking for real world data and not some that has Enns Bros at the top of the page .

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Take it easy it was a joke. I know of at least 2 farms, that run multiple new claas combines, that demo’d the X9. So they are out there. Twitter has lots of comments about it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
No matter how good it is, all you claas guys in this forum will never admit anyway! So do you really care about comparisons! 😂
Yeh I m not married to a colour we got case tractors Seedhawk drills rogator sprayers and floaters and claas combines if something better comes along in any category that’s the way we ll probably head not married to equipment here and definetly won’t be having an affair with an x9 anytime soon

·
Super Moderator
3,526 Posts
Well, was hoping someone else would have a have a critique but I guess it’s all up to me, LOL.

Up near PA SK last Wednesday.
X9 1100.
Scott did a quick walk around, about 15 of us.
Lots of changes, lots of neat ideas.
Love that lock at any height header feature.
I was hoping for tracks but it was on VF 710/70R42’s. Great place for VF tires given the cyclical loading nature of combines.
They had just finished wheat the night before, think they had concave blanks in for wheat but left them in for canola.
Stand to be corrected but don’t think straw can be dropped and chaff spread at the same time?
Need more study/time, trying to track down a track unit to ride. Pardon the expression.
Fast hopper extension open and close. Need a calendar to time the new Claas extensions.
Seems all combines are roughly 40 to 42 km road speed now. It can be moved full speed hopper extensions up, same as Claas but not most others.

As we came the furthest (700 km) we also were first to drive.
33’ track canola, poor waddy swath, 45 ish yield, overcast and humidity fairly high.
Completely forgot to try the swivel seat!
Did try massage, my truck has massage seats but I rarely use them, neat feature long time sitting though.
This was a signature series unit, think that means loaded up.
Took me back to my TR days, those mentioned wads really rumble and grumble going through.
But it had no trouble putting them through, extremely positive drives and tight governor.

Blue numbers means it’s being auto adjusted.

We drove 25 km back to study the header by ourselves so need a few questions answered.

Lots of things here, seed catch ribs on drapers, large diameter upper cross auger low to draper, retractable auger fingers.

We think massive but short stroke cylinder is header tilt?

So, so moral of our 1400 km 30 hour trip?
I have found a unit that is worth pricing, the X9 1100 anyway.

Interesting tidbit dept
X9 signature does NOT have
  • side window blinds (use all three blinds and no sunglasses daytime, nicer for instruments)
  • left side wiper/washer
  • steering knob
  • auto greaser (nor does it need one, just a handful of high hour nipples)
  • partial unload speed (that one does surprise me)
  • self cancelling turn signals
  • hand wash station
But overall a worthy entry into the high capacity combine market.

Oh, just so you know I’m not just making **** up...

Sales person and long time friend Greg Rosgen (the big guy!) and I sitting in X9 cab.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
I have an inkling that a faster rotor speed than 620 rpm might have performed even smoother and better in those atmospheric conditions in a swathed canola crop.

·
Super Moderator
3,526 Posts
I have an inkling that a faster rotor speed than 620 rpm might have performed even smoother and better in those atmospheric conditions in a swathed canola crop.
Yes but I’ve found overall performance is now best left to automation which can not see waddy swathes but does watch everything else all at once.
As long as it doesn’t plug and you don’t mind the noise and vibration, carry on.
Humans are rapidly being taken out of harvesting adjustments with these new series of Claas and Deere units.

·
Registered
465 Posts
My thoughts exactly. After many years on a combine, I still can't adjust them very well. I have 2 vehicles now that steer themselves down the highway and those are the ones I drive. They are a much better driver than I ever was. Like easy steer, you still have to pay attention but brings the stress level down immensely.

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
As long as it doesn’t plug and you don’t mind the noise and vibration, carry on.
Humans are rapidly being taken out of harvesting adjustments with these new series of Claas and Deere units.
True enough ! One thing these smart machines still need us for once it leaves the production line is welding the rotor cage rails when they play out. No doubt the new concave damper systems employed now will at the very least kick that can down the road a ways.

·
Registered
326 Posts
The chopper is able to drop straw and spread chaff at the same time.When windrowing the the chopper and spreader move to more of an angle and closer to the ground, thats what we were shown.And the big cylinder on both sides of the head ( you cant see the one on the left side to much stuff in front of it) is for header wing flex,they control the cutting height of the wings,both sides of the head can flex like 3 feet up and down when you measure at the ends it's is insane. Another cool feature on the head is the divider point on the end lights up at night so it is more visible as well as a light on the end shield.In 2022 they will release a head that is both hinged like this one but will also have the flexible cutterbar.

·
Super Moderator
3,526 Posts
The chopper is able to drop straw and spread chaff at the same time.When windrowing the the chopper and spreader move to more of an angle and closer to the ground, thats what we were shown.And the big cylinder on both sides of the head ( you cant see the one on the left side to much stuff in front of it) is for header wing flex
Thought there must be some way to drop straw/spread chaff, it just never was mentioned, thanks.

Yes, that is the right side wing flex cylinder, still not sure what that other cylinder does.
Remember, this header was a self teaching tour, just Greg and I.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I will upload some Fotos I took from a ag-magazine here.

1st series is from late August this year and Shows the first testrun of the X9 1100.
2nd series is from late September this year and goes more into detail of the throughput.

I was too lazy to translate, if you are interested I might translate some paragraphs.

Most interesting is the throughput chart at the very end. It shows >90t/h unter realistic conditions in the late afternoon, but i Drops fast when it gets dewy.
JD also had the T670i running in parallel and this walker machine reaches nearly the same throughput around 11pm.

In genereal it seems JD makes more a secret of it in NA than in Europe. UK is also fully of reviews.

2nd post follows...

341 - 360 of 374 Posts