The Combine Forum banner

41 - 60 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
4,247 Posts
At least they addressed the shoe! Didn’t Claas put the exact same cleaning system and size as the 780? Which already has no issue maxing out the shoe in canola!

·
Super Moderator
3,355 Posts
At least they addressed the shoe! Didn’t Claas put the exact same cleaning system and size as the 780?
Correct.
If you can control material on shoe (read rotor covers) size is not everything.
But they such have high separation capability (6 concaves/finger grates/high speed rotors) now shoe capacity is being pushed for sure.

·
Super Moderator
3,355 Posts
One of the advantages of deere was not needing anything more than a harrow pass next spring to get your canola up.
I’ll remind you, in this test of 44 combines even the one with the lowest and waaaay below average was over 3X seeding rates.
Average losses was 7X this loss so well over 21X seeding rates!

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Correct.
If you can control material on shoe (read rotor covers) size is not everything.
But they such have high separation capability (6 concaves/finger grates/high speed rotors) now shoe capacity is being pushed for sure.

The current 7 series John Deere’s use three air stages in the cleaning shoe, with the upper stage being a large and close to horizontal rearward pointing airflow above the chaffer. I think it’s designed to work more like a Gleaner, and eject a large percentage of the chaff completely over the end of the chaffer. The same principal is now used on the AGCO IDEAL. Edit: I believe to make this work a more horizontal airflow is also used under the chaffer and sieve exiting the rear part of the shoe to prevent those air flows from spoiling the upper air movement traveling rearward above the chaffer.

The Claas in the second photo seems to have the upper air stage directed more vertically for the purpose of allowing the seed to be under the chaff as it all cascades onto the chaffer. Hence the need to force more chaff out the end of the rotors with rotor covers.

C57E09B9-7AB4-4A13-A35B-6918157466CE.png

4B45A446-FE58-4E2D-AA53-7D7A0A4236E6.png

·
Registered
4,247 Posts
That video don’t show it very well but Claas has the big pre separation blast as well as it drops off the prep pans to the upper sieve pan.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
What point is there in dealing with a bunch of extra chaff when there is no grain in it anyway?
Correct, no point.

I believe that is correct, as much as possible chaff needs to be discarded before it lands on the cleaning system. Where separation ends and cleaning starts is not always the same it seems.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I’ll remind you, in this test of 44 combines even the one with the lowest and waaaay below average was over 3X seeding rates.
Average losses was 7X this loss so well over 21X seeding rates!
Yeah well deere is ahead of the game and they accounted for the three frost's in may/June, drought/flooding, hail artillery barrage and the plague of beetles when they designed their cleaning shoe. They don't think of that in Harsewinkle.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Will the Mitchell's in Saskatchewan have them this year or next to run against their Ideals?

·
Registered
18 Posts
From what I've seen the John Holland trX9 looks impressive. I like the active concave system where you can adjust and maintain the pressure on the concaves hydraulically. It may be a real game changer. The other thing I liked was how the front roller of the feeder chain puts down pressure on the in-feeding crop and could move up and down as the thickness of the swath changed. Also, the feed accelerator roller behind the feeder chain looks like a good idea and on a few other brands. When they hit 5 cents on the dollar I'll be a player...

·
Registered
75 Posts
MY DEERE SALESMAN WAS TELLING ME THAT A X9 IS GOING TO GO FASTER WITH A 50’ HEADER THEN AN 8800 CLAAS WITH A 40’ HEADER SO LONG CLAAS

·
Premium Member
4,338 Posts
From what I've seen the John Holland trX9 looks impressive. I like the active concave system where you can adjust and maintain the pressure on the concaves hydraulically. It may be a real game changer. The other thing I liked was how the front roller of the feeder chain puts down pressure on the in-feeding crop and could move up and down as the thickness of the swath changed. Also, the feed accelerator roller behind the feeder chain looks like a good idea and on a few other brands. When they hit 5 cents on the dollar I'll be a player...
You can do all of these things on a S700 and the 2015+ S600.

Reactions: s6704940

·
Registered
75 Posts
going to throw out more or less grain though?
DEERE THROWS OVER ZERO IF YOU KNOW HOW TO SET A COMBINE AND SINCE DEERE INVENTED AUTO MAINTAIN THEY THEOW OVER ZERO EVEN FOR PEOPLE WHO DONT KNOW HOW TO SET A COMBINE I SUGGEST YOU TALK TO YOUR DEERE DEALER

·
Registered
954 Posts
DEERE THROWS OVER ZERO IF YOU KNOW HOW TO SET A COMBINE AND SINCE DEERE INVENTED AUTO MAINTAIN THEY THEOW OVER ZERO EVEN FOR PEOPLE WHO DONT KNOW HOW TO SET A COMBINE I SUGGEST YOU TALK TO YOUR DEERE DEALER
HEY DONKEY IF YOU PUSH THE BUTTON THAT SAYS CAPS LOCK your text goes back to normal.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I have my order in for ten of the X9's! I'm just going to sit on them and watch them appreciate in value...then wait a year and make nothing but $$$ when I sell them again! It will be the best investment since Bre-X gold!! THANKS DONKEY FOR THE GREAT IDEA!! :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
954 Posts
I have my order in for ten of the X9's! I'm just going to sit on them and watch them appreciate in value...then wait a year and make nothing but $$$ when I sell them again! It will be the best investment since Bre-X gold!! THANKS DONKEY FOR THE GREAT IDEA!! :ROFLMAO:
You'll have to be careful and keep an eye on the fuel tank. I heard that they are so efficient that instead of burning fuel, they actually put fuel in the tank. If you don't keep an eye on it it can spill out and make a mess on your shop floor. My cousins deere tractor was doing that, but it turns out it was a bad fuel tank. 🤣🤣🤣

41 - 60 of 128 Posts