The Combine Forum banner

61 - 80 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
The active concave on the latest Deere combines works very good I am told and smooths out the lumps. Seems like a no brainer to me as it provides shock absorption for the wads and tightens up on the thin stuff. I want it too. Didn't know about the floating feeder chain system I thought it was new.

·
Ooohhh Deere
1,746 Posts
I have my order in for ten of the X9's! I'm just going to sit on them and watch them appreciate in value...then wait a year and make nothing but $$$ when I sell them again! It will be the best investment since Bre-X gold!! THANKS DONKEY FOR THE GREAT IDEA!! :ROFLMAO:
put my name on no:5 then please Howie

Named after the great *Gary Ablett
*its a football thing:cool:

·
Registered
376 Posts
I asked my local dealer, apparently they are setting up trips if I want to go to Saskatoon. Maybe you guys have one up north, be he didn't mention that. Not sure I can spare the time to road trip during harvest.

·
Super Moderator
3,354 Posts
I sat in the X9 and really the only significant difference is the massaging seat and fancy radio.
Yeah, but an electric door closer?!
And a 16 degree, each way, seat swivel?! (That actually sounds useful)

But...field performance will be the interesting manner, I find Deere’s claims fairly lofty but will look forward to evaluation by me but unfortunately not PAMI.

·
Premium Member
4,338 Posts
The seat swivel came in 2018, and I dunno about the electric door closer, I opened and closed the door and it didn’t feel any different, maybe just a EU thing?

Deere has to be close to accurate on productivity claims, they can’t say that and not deliver, customers would crucify them. Not to mention in Europe aren’t they claiming a cash payout if you can’t hit 100t/hr? If they come remotely close to these claims they are easily the biggest combine on the block.

·
Super Moderator
3,354 Posts
You don’t need just the right machine, you need the right conditions to do 100 t/hr.
Those MOG/G ratios are 1/2 to 1/3rd of the threshing/separating/cleaning fight we have to put up with in Western Canada.
While the big time fertilizer rates used now have dramatically raised yield (with weather cooperation} material other than grain volumes have increased every bit as much or more.

·
Premium Member
4,338 Posts
They aren’t claiming that in NA nor should they, but they do claim 30ac/hr. Now they said “up to 30ac/hr” now If that settles out at a realistic 25ac/hr that’s still quite something.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
They aren’t claiming that in NA nor should they, but they do claim 30ac/hr. Now they said “up to 30ac/hr” now If that settles out at a realistic 25ac/hr that’s still quite something.
They never said what crop that was in did they? I’m guessing that’s not average either. Just what it can get to on the monitor.

·
Premium Member
4,338 Posts
They are claiming the big numbers on Wheat so I assume that’s where.

·
Super Moderator
3,354 Posts
Bring any machine to my lodged wheat (the crop that is always used) area this year, not a
CIH 9250
New Holland 10.9
Fendt 10
X9 1100
Claas 8900

will average over 15 ac/hr. Ish.
Note the order, lowest to highest.

Do not get hung up that neither the Fendt 10 nor Claas 8900 are marketed in NA. Yet.

·
Premium Member
4,338 Posts
Sounds like a header feeding problem or someone needs to find manipulator

·
Super Moderator
3,354 Posts
Looks like straw conditions like last year, granted barley worst cases scenario, used 22 l/ha dropping the straw, typically use 13 l/ha chopping the straw. About 3.5 l/t.
4 km/hr at engine power limit 8800. Dropping straw.
Uncured and damp straw. Hoping for nether this year. Dry barley though.
Straw too wet to be baled for days. Weird that the barley was dry.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Bring any machine to my lodged wheat (the crop that is always used) area this year, not a
CIH 9250
New Holland 10.9
Fendt 10
X9 1100
Claas 8900

will average over 15 ac/hr. Ish.
Note the order, lowest to highest.

Do not get hung up that neither the Fendt 10 nor Claas 8900 are marketed in NA. Yet.
With all the lovely falls we've been having it's like 15 acres/hr avg in August....6 in November.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
We have done close to 25 acres an hour once, just need to grow crops accordingly!

Reactions: bap and KWO

·
Super Moderator
3,354 Posts
15 acres per hour in August, 6 in November.

With all the lovely falls we've been having it's like 15 acres/hr avg in August....6 in November.
August?
What is this August harvest you speak of?!

Agree, in my area 16 and 19 were both killer, miserable, late fall harvests

·
Super Moderator
3,354 Posts
We have done close to 25 acres an hour once, just need to grow crops accordingly!
In ‘02 only max cutting speed limited area production.
Joke floated around coffee shops, need a truck driver...just Wednesday morning, for an hour.

Got a text from my local Deere sales guy, also long time friend of mine, my trip to “likely” the Saskatoon area is on the list but no other detail at this point.
Knowing Greg this trip will involve beer, what could I do?!

61 - 80 of 128 Posts