The Combine Forum banner

81 - 100 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
They are claiming the big numbers on Wheat so I assume that’s where.
I find generally all numbers are claimed in wheat and generally in easy thrash soft varieties as generally grown in Europe. Bit like the NH world record was set in Lincolnshire with soft white, easy to shove through with little losses.
It does seem that they are pushing the 100t claim fairly hard although I personally don't think that is something of an achievement. This side of the pond yes but in Europe. Hell, I know of plenty of folks who were getting consistent 70 - 80t + and good spot rates well over 100+ in old 600 lexions back in the day. Although admittedly only once Claas brought out a 40ft to feed the beast, and that was 10 years ago. Now if Deere were pushing throughput of 130+ I might be more inclined to take notice.
Just have to wait and see I suppose.

·
Registered
530 Posts
They are claiming the big numbers on Wheat so I assume that’s where.
I’m really curious if they can actually do 30 acres an hour in 70 or 80 bushel spring wheat.
The swivel seat I thought would be great but I didn’t use mine last year. Needs to go further than 16 degrees maybe or as hired man says need a door to open in floor so you could stand. That be the best.

I know where one is running so I’m sure I’ll hear about it.
It’s too bad they didn’t add can adjust rotor covers. That would be great. still got same old separator grate covers.
I asked the deere guy when I was at the showing if they made it so cameras actually work and don’t shut off auto maintain from moisture and his reply was “we are working with the supplier”

im positive that thing could probably run a 60’ head in beans to try and find capacity but I want tosee good hrsw that is tough go thru it without coughing out a bunch.

·
Premium Member
5,488 Posts
They can claim all they want. The proof will be when they run side by side with their competitors in various Western Candian crops and conditions. The Ideal had lots of claims before it was released but it seems like after their release you almost hear nothing about them. Hopefully Deere will be willing to go head to head with their competition. The X9 sounds big and interesting but I am not convinced it will eat up the competition.

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
THE X9 WILL PUT CLAAS OUT OF BUSINESS BY NEXT YEAR FROM WHAT I HEAR ONE X9 WILL DO THE WORK OF TWO CLAAS
Oh man, I'm starting to like you!!! You make me laugh every time you come on here! Do you do standup? If so, I want tickets!!!!!

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Oh man, I'm starting to like you!!! You make me laugh every time you come on here! Do you do standup? If so, I want tickets!!!!!
I have a feeling when the Donkey attended the John Deere Days at his dealership they slipped him a little something extra into that cup of green Kool-Aid they handed him, whatever it was sent his brain onto a trip of an alternative world dimension that none of us would be able to relate to. In a way I am somewhat jealous, to caress your John Deere equipment's green paint and feel on top of the world every day. Sort of like that dream a guy has of being on a tropical island as the only guy and all these hot young women swooning over you .... and then wake up and realize its all bullshit !

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
I think instead of taking a little blue pill, he must pop a couple green pills a day, anything green gives him a pretty big hard on!

Reactions: Northern Farmer

·
Super Moderator
3,355 Posts
The new series Claas with six finger grate rotor concaves and high speed rotors where speed is separately adjusted from threshing speed will not be out separated by the current fleet of new units.
Nor in the case of the 8900 will throughput be exceeded.

I am not as confident as to cleaning capacity however and the faster Claas buries that pos performance ruining 4D rotor cover concave setup and goes five concave, 9 sections open/9 sections closed with one split concave cover the better off they will be.

·
Premium Member
1,968 Posts
The new series Claas with six finger grate rotor concaves and high speed rotors where speed is separately adjusted from threshing speed will not be out separated by the current fleet of new units.
Nor in the case of the 8900 will throughput be exceeded.

I am not as confident as to cleaning capacity however and the faster Claas buries that pos performance ruining 4D rotor cover concave setup and goes five concave, 9 sections open/9 sections closed with one split concave cover the better off they will be.
Hope you’re going to get a chance to place your “techy” body & brain in the seat of an X9 somewhere this harvest & enlighten the rest of us who don’t have green blood, green toothpaste, green eyes, green shorts etc. etc.

Love your no bullsh.it ...... straight down the line ...... informative comments of the good & the not so good aspects of machines!

·
Registered
530 Posts
What is going to be most interesting to see is how well it distributes mog over sieves. They still have those stupid straps to put over concave for white caps and also the separator grate covers to distribute shoe load. Perhaps the twin rotors takes care of shoe load but i doubt it. I think that is one place they missed the boat in because you can’t easily adjust the covers as conditions go from damp to dry and back to damp throughout the day.
I do know this. I should have taken measurements when I was in it so could make a bolt in step for as end off the axle. Sieve is to top of my shoulders almost. She is a long way up there even for a young virile 41 year old like myself. As in don’t even try because your head is going to hit something jumping up there trying to hit the gap to get onto the rear sieve platform.

·
Super Moderator
3,355 Posts

14:48
Lots of info there and the dream fuel filling system I’ve been thinking about for a few years finally hits the market!
550 L/min from ground fill, YES!!
Thought of the ground fill part but not that sort of fill rate!

On the other hand...
15:30
On a couple of those hopper unload shots if that was the cleanest I could thresh I wouldn’t tell anybody about it let alone show them.
Benefit of the doubt, while that sort of footage never should have hit a promo vid likely it can do better.

This guy hits a few different points:

So overall a lot of thought went into this new model, going to be interesting!

·
Registered
2,885 Posts

14:48
Lots of info there and the dream fuel filling system I’ve been thinking about for a few years finally hits the market!
550 L/min from ground fill, YES!!
Thought of the ground fill part but not that sort of fill rate!

On the other hand...
15:30
On a couple of those hopper unload shots if that was the cleanest I could thresh I wouldn’t tell anybody about it let alone show them.
Benefit of the doubt, while that sort of footage never should have hit a promo vid likely it can do better.

This guy hits a few different points:

So overall a lot of thought went into this new model, going to be interesting!
Interesting. It does appear that a lot of thought went into it. However, there is one VERY important feature that was not mentioned. Warranty. The warranty that comes with this will tell the story of how confident JD is about how reliable all that fancy electronics will actually work in the real world. For what I'm sure they will charge for that, it should come with a 5 year all inclusive warranty. All that "technology" and "efficiency" mean doodlysquat if you are parked at the edge of the field with a herd of service trucks around trying to find some glitch that causes the machine to derate.

·
Registered
307 Posts
If you guys follow Mike mitchell on Youtube. There will be a x9 with a John Deere team,camera crew, running there at harvest with a Class and possibly a T10 Fendt ideal!

·
Super Moderator
3,355 Posts
Interesting. It does appear that a lot of thought went into it. However, there is one VERY important feature that was not mentioned. Warranty. The warranty that comes with this will tell the story of how confident JD is about how reliable all that fancy electronics will actually work in the real world. For what I'm sure they will charge for that, it should come with a 5 year all inclusive warranty. All that "technology" and "efficiency" mean doodlysquat if you are parked at the edge of the field with a herd of service trucks around trying to find some glitch that causes the machine to derate.
Why do you think it would make it to the edge of the field?

Included warranty is never used for marketing as it is the same for all, basic standard just meet legal requirements material.
Therefore most farmers pay little attention to what or how long things are covered unless a warranty bind is run into.

There are extended coverage and plans available at various levels of protection and service.
A lotto of sorts, manufacturers betting it‘s not going to break, you betting it will.

·
Registered
481 Posts
If you guys follow Mike mitchell on Youtube. There will be a x9 with a John Deere team,camera crew, running there at harvest with a Class and possibly a T10 Fendt ideal!
Yes this should be a good test Mike runs 5 or 6 Ideal 9 already I think he use to have JD S680. According to his last video CaseIH and New Holland both declined to bring there machines out.

81 - 100 of 128 Posts