The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How did the X9's work out for those that had them? I see there is 6 x9 1100's coming in at the JD in Killam AB

·
Registered
617 Posts
Well a good friend of mine had 6 last year and has 16 on order this year will replace 25 S790s if that says anything!

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Yup the sxx market is getting flooded so there will certainly be options for purchasers .

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Some of us actually have budget limitations although it seems many don't . So yes those that don't absorbing the huge amounts of depreciation is great for us .

·
Registered
552 Posts
I’ve always been amazed where all the combines go after something better comes to the market. Over history they just seem to disappear. One would they there should be a massive bone yard of MF 760, 860s, JD 8820, 9600, IH 2388s, JD 9650 but there doesn’t seem to be. Maybe they all go south to Mexico

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Around here many of the old 20 series and the 9000 deeres go to Mexico. I am amazed how some guys can turn over equipment so fast and how the dealers are right there trying to get the deal for fear of missing out. Meanwhile the rest of us get beat up when we try to trade in a single piece of equipment

·
Registered
351 Posts
When we were getting out of farming, had an exporter come around and basically bought the whole farm. Lots of smaller older stuff. Neighbor came buy looking to move a 350 HP tractor as well and the guy told him they were not looking for stuff that big. If that is the case, there are going to be a lot of higher capacity machines looking for homes.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
A friend of mine also had 8 of them. He will buy 12 more in 2022. That shows you its quality
I think the depreciation when they are traded off would be a better yardstick for "quality". While something can be identified as a POS in one season, I don't know that one season is enough to tell if something is truly a "quality" item.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I think the depreciation when they are traded off would be a better yardstick for "quality". While something can be identified as a POS in one season, I don't know that one season is enough to tell if something is truly a "quality" item.
BTO's are not neccessarily looking for "quality", they are looking for the cheapest deal on multiple machines that will do the job for 2 to 3 years then attract a good deal on the next trade. What happens after that to the machines is of no concern.

·
Registered
62 Posts
BTO's are not neccessarily looking for "quality", they are looking for the cheapest deal on multiple machines that will do the job for 2 to 3 years then attract a good deal on the next trade. What happens after that to the machines is of no concern

After 3 years there are going to be concerns for some guys one is Anybody knows after 800, 900 sep houres you should look at the top sprockets on the feeder house guess what they are welded to the shaft what does that do to a guy that is trying to get 3500, 4000 sep hours out of a machine

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
A friend of mine also had 8 of them. He will buy 12 more in 2022. That shows you its quality
Depends. Does he need 12 more, because 8 wasn't enough? Under performed so drastically that it takes 150% more machines to the job promised?

I'm being a smart @$$ of course, but I think more details would be required to know if that is an indication of quality.

Reactions: 440duster

·
Registered
270 Posts
BTO's are not neccessarily looking for "quality", they are looking for the cheapest deal on multiple machines that will do the job for 2 to 3 years then attract a good deal on the next trade. What happens after that to the machines is of no concern.
You are starting to think like a business man now.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Well a good friend of mine had 6 last year and has 16 on order this year will replace 25 S790s if that says anything!
Just to be clear this farmer I am talking about is not adding 16 more, that is going to be his total number of combines all with 50foot heads to replace 25 780s sorry not 790s not really any dif and they had 45 foot heads! he plans to combine just over 100 000 acres with 16!

·
Registered
45 Posts
he plans to combine just over 100 000 acres with 16!
Sounds like what use to be the one earth outfit that lasted for three years. I hope that your friend can manage such a thing. I dont care about how big someone is but I do respect how some 10000 plus acre farms can still have clean fields.

I dont know why anyone would want to have a harvest season for soo long.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts