The Combine Forum banner
41 - 60 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I run 2 S780s with 45 headers and love them. Will never own an X9 … they don’t and never will pencil out for me.
Everything is getting beyond ridiculous when it comes to prices on equipment, and everything else for that matter.

·
Premium Member
2,149 Posts
Any more thoughts on those of you running X9s how’s the reliability been? Losses? Maybe any more comparisons to Claas 8800s or NH 10.90s?
Its interesting that there’s not that many comments about the X 9’s so far.
Is it because there’s not that many that actually made it out of the factory & into the fields for harvest 22?
Surely there’d be enough of them running to provide the real world thoughts & real world results so far?

·
Registered
984 Posts
Early reviews here are that the X9 has huge capacity. Everyone is paying attention.

If they keep the price down Deere will quickly regain its lost market share.

50’ header has been as impressive as the X9

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Early reviews here are that the X9 has huge capacity. Everyone is paying attention.

If they keep the price down Deere will quickly regain its lost market share.

50’ header has been as impressive as the X9
Price is retarded and half the guys don’t have there X9s. Not sure Deere has enough production capacity to make anything on time.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Bigger machine the higher the volume of grain and straw/hr. One could safely say that tin will wear out in 2/3 the time so the hr meter will call this machine wore out internally in 2/3 of the hrs likely. It is a Class 9. There are 10's on the market so theoretically they should have more capacity. Gone are the days of 800 acre farms with each of them needing a combine. They built and sold a pile of machines back then. Now they build far less and sell far less so need to make profit on the shortfall.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Bigger machine the higher the volume of grain and straw/hr. One could safely say that tin will wear out in 2/3 the time so the hr meter will call this machine wore out internally in 2/3 of the hrs likely.
My guess is a X9 out lasts any combine on market today as long as electronics hold up. It was built to service and repair easily. If you open up all the side covers and really look you will understand why I say that.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Other than this I’ve got nothing. 🤷‍♂️

“ [ Did I tell you the right half of the reel fell off? Quite exciting moment or two when you see it, stop combine, and reel keeps "walking" forward haha. Broke a couple things but they had it fixed with all new parts in pretty good time. Couple annoying oil leaks but other than that running pretty nice. ] “

·
Registered
984 Posts
Demos last year were putting the X9 at 40% more capacity than the S790's. This year the demo's and owners are saying 2x the capacity of the X9 vs S790. If true, it is very hard to ignore 2x the capacity. Neighbors here are netting 25 ac/hr in short run fields in a 70 bushel wheat crop. That is 25 ac/hr on the clock from when they enter the field till they leave, actually rate driving must be 33-35/ac per hour to net 25. I was just jealously looking over the fence doing 15 ac/hr with my case 9250 and only averaging 11.5 acres on the clock.

Lots of straw here this year and one thing that has become very obvious is that combines travel much faster in 12" row spacing than 10" row spacing with the same yield.

Hopefully more users post how the X9's are doing as a comparison to other machines for reference.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Deere at least on tractors has a good warranty on emissions systems. Something like 3000 hours. If it’s the same on the x9 they’ll be robbing parts off it at Gratton Coullee long before the warranty runs out.

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
I would be a lot happier if it was 3000 hours or 5 years, whichever is greater. Especially since emissions parts are currently designed to fail, and fail often. Bosch needs a kick in the pants for their dosing units. Nearly always it's the pump itself that fails and it cannot be repaired without replacing the whole dosing unit, which is stupid. It's just a diaphragm pump in there. Probably ill-thought out EPA regs require it be tamper resistant.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Reports here in real heavy durum x9 1000 33acres/hr on the go average vs s790 at around 18. So I'm told.
Power being the limitation on the 1000. I just think guys everywhere are fed up trying to keep grain in an single rotor machine, doesn't matter the colour. So hard to keep up with changes throughout the day to limit losses, especially late in the year and at night with a STS.
If the X9 gets to same capacity as Claas Deere will gain a lot of sales. For us in south Sask. parts and reliability with new models and proximity to dealers is going to hurt Claas sales.

·
Registered
984 Posts
33 vs 18 is pretty impressive.

I only thresh dry grain with dry straw and my lexion is no better than my case combine over the course of a day.

It seems that Claas combines really shine in tough straw, while the X9 and big New Holland seem to shine in all conditions.

41 - 60 of 117 Posts