The Combine Forum banner
61 - 80 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
We run S780's, neighbour has X9's. Running in 70+ bu wheat (assuming the X9s were is similar wheat crop) they were doing almost double what we were doing. We were limited by losses not power, dry straw but a lot of it. Was quite impressive to see those machines working.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Demos last year were putting the X9 at 40% more capacity than the S790's. This year the demo's and owners are saying 2x the capacity of the X9 vs S790. If true, it is very hard to ignore 2x the capacity. Neighbors here are netting 25 ac/hr in short run fields in a 70 bushel wheat crop. That is 25 ac/hr on the clock from when they enter the field till they leave, actually rate driving must be 33-35/ac per hour to net 25. I was just jealously looking over the fence doing 15 ac/hr with my case 9250 and only averaging 11.5 acres on the clock.

Lots of straw here this year and one thing that has become very obvious is that combines travel much faster in 12" row spacing than 10" row spacing with the same yield.

Hopefully more users post how the X9's are doing as a comparison to other machines for reference.
The demo x9 demo here did not show those numbers. Not even close. 760 claas we were running since then upgraded to 8700. Did not see the x9 advantage. The simple fact that the x9 cannot be taken into different crop type and and adjusted for select crop on the fly was a back breaker (no auto rotor covers). And till you adjust with filter plates which you need to dismantle combine in order to install (not knowing that it helps solve said issue, losses or throughput). You are 40 acres ahead with the class because it can be done on the fly. Lastly have to mention the price. 200Gs differece. Money talks. Not bashing mother Deere. But we were a John Deere Green farm to the core. The decision was a clear and obvious one.

·
Registered
984 Posts
The demo x9 demo here did not show those numbers. Not even close. 760 claas we were running since then upgraded to 8700. Did not see the x9 advantage. The simple fact that the x9 cannot be taken into different crop type and and adjusted for select crop on the fly was a back breaker (no auto rotor covers). And till you adjust with filter plates which you need to dismantle combine in order to install (not knowing that it helps solve said issue, losses or throughput). You are 40 acres ahead with the class because it can be done on the fly. Lastly have to mention the price. 200Gs differece. Money talks. Not bashing mother Deere. But we were a John Deere Green farm to the core. The decision was a clear and obvious one.
Once the X9 was set, how did it compare to your 760? Thanks for the review of your demo. Claas had lots of upgrades to their 8000 series, but dealer and Claas have been very poor at touring it around to demo, so no real field reports on it.

New Holland dealer been doing demos around with lots of impressed farmers.

No real info locally on the Fendt and of course Case is years behind.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Once the X9 was set, how did it compare to your 760? Thanks for the review of your demo. Claas had lots of upgrades to their 8000 series, but dealer and Claas have been very poor at touring it around to demo, so no real field reports on it.

New Holland dealer been doing demos around with lots of impressed farmers.

No real info locally on the Fendt and of course Case is years behind.
In wheat once they had it set up which like I mentioned it took them some time. The 760 was around 18ac/hr x9 22ac/hr. 760 had less losses and better sample. No question It is a bigger machine and it can really go in wheat. Switched to green stem canola and that didn't go as well. Struggled to get it set up and never really could get the losses under control. 2.5 -2.8 mph if you pushed it a bit the losses went haywire. The 760 was at 3-3.5 mph. May have been the specific conditions in this particular field that made it so hard to set it? I donno. To our operators the main reasons they preferred claas is the cruise pilot and everything is adjustable from cab. Another thing I noticed and didn't like is the Deere loss monitor. Seems very slow to react and almost not in real time. But. I'm sure if you'd own one and actually get to know the machine you could get it all figured out. Hard to test a machines true capabilities in 1 day.

·
Super Moderator
5,241 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
It seems that Claas combines really shine in tough straw, while the X9 and big New Holland seem to shine in all conditions.

That is about as far from the truth a guy can get The demo,s around here suggest that the X9 has issue,s doing conala from my experience when the automation can,t nail the setting in a quarter of a mile you have a problem there are time,s on an X9 demo they spend 4 hour,s setting 1 hour combining and still have 2 bushels losses

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Canola is the weak point of X9 for sure if your fuzzy about grain quality. It’s got lots of capacity with extremely low losses in Canola. It’s just grain quality and returns that will slow it. Absolutely nothing wrong with loss sensors in Canola.

Claas is going to be cheaper then Deere till you start adding options. Why Deere limited X9 hopper size is beyond me and totally stupid.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Canola is the weak point of X9 for sure if your fuzzy about grain quality. It’s got lots of capacity with extremely low losses in Canola. It’s just grain quality and returns that will slow it. Absolutely nothing wrong with loss sensors in Canola.

Claas is going to be cheaper then Deere till you start adding options. Why Deere limited X9 hopper size is beyond me and totally stupid.
Our claas machines are fully loaded asides from tracks. Which the x9 didn't have either. The quote is from last month.

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
don't really make sense to me why somebody would pay over a million and take it home to get rebuilt
How many claas owners on here have stock combines ? There is thread after thread about modifying them. And changing concaves is not rebuilding, it’s a couple hours job that will increase performance of most brands of combines.

·
Registered
984 Posts
It seems that Claas combines really shine in tough straw, while the X9 and big New Holland seem to shine in all conditions.

That is about as far from the truth a guy can get The demo,s around here suggest that the X9 has issue,s doing conala from my experience when the automation can,t nail the setting in a quarter of a mile you have a problem there are time,s on an X9 demo they spend 4 hour,s setting 1 hour combining and still have 2 bushels losses
Thinking back, I only heard comparisons of the X9's in wheat and barley, not results locally in canola. Have heard very good demos on the New Holland 10.9 in both wheat and canola.

It will be a year or 2 before I upgrade combines, just getting a feel of what is out there. Mike Mitchell has a review of his X9, but to be honest his crops this year wouldn't challenge an old 760 MF. Hopefully his big crops up north get a more thorough review.

Lime green Claas owners around here are very so/so on if they would buy one again, but maybe that is how most people feel about what they use now. Human nature that the grass is greener on the other side of the fence.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thinking back, I only heard comparisons of the X9's in wheat and barley, not results locally in canola. Have heard very good demos on the New Holland 10.9 in both wheat and canola.

It will be a year or 2 before I upgrade combines, just getting a feel of what is out there. Mike Mitchell has a review of his X9, but to be honest his crops this year wouldn't challenge an old 760 MF. Hopefully his big crops up north get a more thorough review.

Lime green Claas owners around here are very so/so on if they would buy one again, but maybe that is how most people feel about what they use now. Human nature that the grass is greener on the other side of the fence.
Well i wish those demo,s with the X9 in conola were in my field it is very hard to set a machine if it is in other guy field and they only want to drive and i have hear the same on the lime green Claas that is hard to take coming from the yellow one

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
How many claas owners on here have stock combines ? There is thread after thread about modifying them. And changing concaves is not rebuilding, it’s a couple hours job that will increase performance of most brands of combines.
Mine are stock. The Claas 8000 series are a much improved machine. No need to upgrade anything that I can see.

61 - 80 of 117 Posts