The Combine Forum banner
81 - 100 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
5th year with claas machines. Switched from Deere and we were worried it could be an issue but honestly cannot say we have ever had a parts availability problem. Have yet to make the 4hr trip to Regina. Which did happen the odd time with Deere and was not a big deal. Is the parts and service as good as Deere? No. But it hasn't been bad either from what I've experienced.

·
Registered
39 Posts
X9 1000 with 130.3 engine hours has an engine failure. Crankshaft rotated but not the camshaft.
Very difficult to unload the grain tank, unhook the header and close the grain tank w/o the engine.
Safety is so overblown that it has become unsafe. The header lift cylinders have a safety stop internal and need to be slowly bled off ... took hours. JD company said "use two forklifts"... we were in the field many miles from the dealership.
Motor vehicle Green Automotive tire Gas Automotive exterior

Communication Device Gadget Output device Font Display device

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
X9 1000 with 130.3 engine hours has an engine failure. Crankshaft rotated but not the camshaft.
Very difficult to unload the grain tank, unhook the header and close the grain tank w/o the engine.
Safety is so overblown that it has become unsafe. The header lift cylinders have a safety stop internal and need to be slowly bled off ... took hours. JD company said "use two forklifts"... we were in the field many miles from the dealership. View attachment 166021
. View attachment 166020

That sounds like a "Hey deere come get your combine" problem to me.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Why are you worried about unhooking header. That’s a dealer problem. Get your canola out of tank and get in your free Deere combine provided to you by mother Deere and continue harvest. Your dealer did bring you a Deere machine to replace yours right?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Other than a blown engine what have you thought of the X9 Bduke?
Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?
X9 1000 .. Actually, we like the capacity and performance when tweaked for conditions. The cameras were not available so no automation, apparently they should be installed this winter. We drop panned 20 lbs/ acre in direct cut canola and about 25 lbs/acre in wheat.

Annoyances are the seat.. far too sensitive and triggers while leaning for something. The unloading is slow and the dribble spout tests one's patience. The cab ladder contraption is also time consuming.

The 50R header cuts well and flexes well enough for us, but the centre reel drive rises too much when cutting lodged crops and the wing(s) are lower.
IMHO a centre reel section matching the centre section of the header would be much better. Gauge wheels are too far from the knife when in ravines, a wheel or roller nearer to the knife and under the crop dividers would ben welcome for our farm.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Why are you worried about unhooking header. That’s a dealer problem. Get your canola out of tank and get in your free Deere combine provided to you by mother Deere and continue harvest. Your dealer did bring you a Deere machine to replace yours right?
Dealer sent one mechanic and he was 11 hours. We hauled RR ties for him and we took out radio, antennae etc.
By the time problem was diagnosed (the diagnostics said a camshaft sensor was faulty and a new sensor came the next day which didn't help), trucks to haul out dead machine, and a truck to haul in a replacement another day lost.
We did receive an X9 1000 bc there were no headers available, except the 50R removed from #1. Total of 3 days.
The engine failed on a headland with the header up.

·
Premium Member
2,149 Posts
All new machines can have their issues ……. & that can include engine troubles!

Watching this bloke with his X9 …….. am I missing something here?
Yes, it’s 15+% , yes it‘s probably tough straw…….. BUT …… I fully expected this thing to do a lot more than pictured here.

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
It is a 40 foot swath of material and its tough and getting rained on, things go down hill with a rained on swath and can imagine the inside of the combine isn't liking that either as there comes a point where the straw sticks and scums up everything and then its a god awful mess. Not exactly an ideal test of a dry straw crop but would be interesting to have other combines along side to see when they choke on the toughness.

·
Premium Member
6,151 Posts
Tying to run a combine of any brand at 95-100% of capacity often results in a lot of unwanted problems and down time. We find running Our machines at a slightly reduced rate and steady as she goes all day long gets more done in a day. Often times the dealer math of replacing 3 combines with 2 often does not work out perfectly in real life scenarios where there are so many other variables.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Do X9’s have anything that resembles cruise pilot? I would rather run without GPS that lose CP.

I did demo my 760 against an 8600 last season, the claas boys struggled to get it to compare. This isn’t an indication of the machine, it’s a testament to the difficulty of setting a machine for different conditions. Everyone thinks they have the heaviest/toughest straw/highest yields. I won’t listen to to anyone telling me “x” brand is the best - nor will I state my yellow Claas is the best - unless we are running side by side in the same field and time of day.

81 - 100 of 117 Posts