The Combine Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what is the main differences in the two..

will the XX20 series be made a lil heavyer on the metal and maybe have some fixe's to area's where guys have complained...

·
Registered
998 Posts
Are you after the differences between the two styles or the differences between the new models and their respective supseeded models ie. 25** to **88 and **10 to **20.

·
Registered
998 Posts
A few changes not sure on all though. Main ones are in the feeder with the chain and sprockets - 3 slat design now and more clearance between the feeder floor and chain. More teeth on the sprocket to stop chain jumping / twisting.
There is also a clean out door under the cleaning fan.

There are more changes in the 88 series. If you have a look through the older posts there are topics relating to these new machines with a fair bit of info on them in those posts.

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
their are actually was 23 pages of changes to the 20's. spreader speed from the cab. better side panels, better switches improved feeder house chain ,tightener and top sprocket. thicker steel in the bin , fan clean out , 2 less computers, no YMIU, different control pressure system , case drain on spreaders, no POS rear ladder, heavier unloader, different chopper, elevator drives all different, rethrasher improved. lots of little changes in the monitor. new better belt driven air screen.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Farmertony how did you get along with the different feederhouse design?

also ive read of a few changes on the 88 series...some in cab and some things have been made a lil heavyer....

we thought of a 7088 but went with a 6088....

am i right that the lift rams will be 3 inch? so wouldn't 2 of those lift a 36ft draper....or would i still need a 3rd cylander

·
Registered
998 Posts
The rams are 75mm / 2.95" - so close to 3". They can lift the new 35' drapers both rigid and flex. Not too sure if there is disposition for a 3rd ram.
88 series were re-designed from the ground up. Heavier chassis / front axle beam, 60/40 weight split (claim they need no rear weights), new rear axle, common feeder face (still short in length), electric sieve adjustment, larger clean grain elevator, 10/20 series style unloading auger, bin & extension, longer drop down straw spreaders, quick change 2 speed spreader drive, all new guarding / covers, sieves are easier to get out, top engine deck changes (auger saddle location), under cover service lights, new stationary air screen with revolving hydraulic evacuation wand, hydro pumps and motors have been upgraded, rotor gearbox shift lever location change, rotor drive area enhancements, auto crop settings, new a post (MX STX style) with service functions, header sensitivity adjustment etc etc, new cab filter design, loads more changes. If anyone else wants to add stuff go for it.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So can a guy get his fingers on the bottom sieve.....im not sure why but on the two 2588's we ran the last two years....i couldn't get my finger to the bottom sieve....

had the 2388 pulled up right next to it and still couldn't see what the heck was the difference...

I like the sound of most of those changes...i wonder if a guy will be able to shift the rotor the next year or will he have to go in back and work on the lever..... sometimes it goes sometimes not...

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
It has, atleast on the one we demod. Not sure if the demo 9120 had all the feeder updates or not, the salesman couldn't say for sure but he thought it did. In wheat atleast there is still some problems with the feederhouse unless they make more changes over the winter. She does have some serious ponies turning that rotor though.

·
Registered
809 Posts
casefarmer if this is what you're talking about.........from what I remember on the 2007 and 2008 model 7010/8010 there is a white button on the back of the propulsion handle that you use to activate the fore/aft reel button so that it controls the draper center cylinder. It's not as complicated as it sounds, I use it and it works really nice.
On the 2006 8010 and older machines I believe you go into the pro600 monitor and make the change from reel control to center cylinder control. I think a manual switch may have been nicer on these machines.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I had never known that on the 8010's..... we roll combines so every year i get to install that switch which isn't that big of a deal
but if i was selling combines and wanting guys to buy drapers why not just include the switch...

and i thought maybe its built into that new A-Post... sounds like thats going to be pretty nice... or might be..

·
Registered
120 Posts
The button that you use for the drapers is the same one to do a guidance nudge, reel fore-aft, and headland mode. I think it's called the 'shift'?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts