The Combine Forum banner

xx20 series

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  farmertony 
#1 ·
Hi casefarmer, I owned a 8010 before i brought the a 8120 and so far out doing my old 8010, so im happy with the 8120, got about 100 rotor hours on so far no trouble.
As for the guy you heard from with the rotor is the hole separator shuting down? if so i had sum trouble with 8010 separator shutting down, it was due to low control pressure.
Here in Australia was talking to a dealer so far the 20 series is going well, they are having a few electrical problems on the new 88 series.

#3 ·
We have had several 8010's, now have an 8120. The 8120 has been very good so far. We have done irigated wheat and dry edible beans. Sunflowers and corn are next. In wheat we had trouble with the feeder house shutting down. Dealer installed a new gear box that drives the feeder house, it has slightly different ratio, which gives it more power. Never had any problems with it in dry beans then. We have the small tube rotor, which has been impressive so far in both crops. There is an update available for the feeder house gear box on all 8120's is what I was told now.

#4 ·
Just heard from a guy who bought a 8120. Hopeing it wouldn't be like the 8010 so far not a good test. Something about the rotor stops working as he goes threw the field so got me thinking. What's the verdict so far on this. Xx20 series???

(sorry this was all wrote while on my pda phone)

#5 ·
We have an 9120 this year, traded an 05 8010 on it and it's a far bigger machine. Alot more power, better rotary screen, Pro 600 is great. We have a small tube rotor and it seams to handle green straw very well. Only have low hours on it so far so hope it's still as good after more work.

#7 ·
Well in general I should say the xx20 series outperforms the xx10 series. unfortunately there was some electrical problems to cause the problems you mentioned. Mostly stupid small things but it takes some time to find them. Such as a watter in CCM2 contacts or some broken wire witch powers pressure sensing valve.

#9 ·
Blackhawk35, Does your moisture and yld monitor still work?
If control psi is good then you could have an electrical issue- poor connection/bad harness/bad controller.
Watch chopper/ discharge beater speed if it is erratic it could shutdown rotor like it is designed to do, to prevent plugging when chopper/beater stops/slows too much.

#10 ·
not sure if I will be able to describe situation. English is not my first language.
In our case we had broken wire witch was supplying power to load sensing valve and we use to get message "rotor speed low, Prepare to shut down" something like that.
There was another similar situation in that case there was a problem with rotor RPM sensor.
Another situation when there was a watter in CCM 2 plug. Then on the screen was chaff spreader RPM 0 and later on "Chopper speed to low" and also shut down the feeding and threshing
So the question is what kind of messages you are getting before shut down.
In all situations it took some time to find a real cause, but all times
it was something stupid like metal part dropped next to RPM sensor or watter in plug or stupid broken cable

Some corrections (used my dictionary
) the jamer valve was not operating because of broken cable By the way it is possible to check it via diagnostic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.