The Combine Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just traded a combine for our first Lexion. What is the best route to take for mapping and steering? We do have many JD 2630/3000 systems, so maybe thats an option? Also I was told the OEM yield sensor with the laser beam is not very accurate especially when comparing hybrids side by side with different test weights. We do have a CaseIH 9120 with OEM equipment in it, so we have some experience with AgLeader sensor/monitor. Just looking for input and thoughts. Sure wish I could just get a Precision Planting sensor and use the 20/20 and ipad but they don't make them for Lexions yet!

·
Registered
379 Posts
We use Trimble FMX monitors, with the electric eye yield sensors and find them very accurate, well as accurate as calibrated. The cart has a scale that is within 1-2% consistently when checked, we calibrate to this and find our unload totals almost exact to cart on trials. If you run JD systems now if it can be made to work why not one less monitor to learn.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think this is the guy
FarmerGPS - Welcome!

I don't know anything about it & his website doesn't mention it, but if I owned a Lexion thats the way I would go.
Just talked to the guy from this company. He said $2500 for the box that makes the 2630/3000 think its on a S series. You do all the lines and guidance as you would if it was on a Deere (unlike Reichhardt). The yield and moisture mapping works as well as it would on S Series except calibration of those systems is done in the CEBIS controller.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Just talked to the guy from this company. He said $2500 for the box that makes the 2630/3000 think its on a S series. You do all the lines and guidance as you would if it was on a Deere (unlike Reichhardt). The yield and moisture mapping works as well as it would on S Series except calibration of those systems is done in the CEBIS controller.
Wow! This is might be a game changer! Lots of guys running Deere systems that like to keep things simple in their operations but maybe want a Lexion Combine.

My father does well with the GS3's, but my hang up with Lexion was adding another monitor for him to learn and remember. The CEBIS almost reminds me of the command center in the 9770s we used to have.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Do you have their contact info available?

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
Wow! This is might be a game changer! Lots of guys running Deere systems that like to keep things simple in their operations but maybe want a Lexion Combine.

My father does well with the GS3's, but my hang up with Lexion was adding another monitor for him to learn and remember. The CEBIS almost reminds me of the command center in the 9770s we used to have.
This sounds too good to be true!!

·
Registered
244 Posts
wapp11,
Welcome to the lexion club! Birdie says precision had several lexions running this past fall. The lexion version is very close. (weeks?) We've found the lexion mass flow eyes to be very accurate. We believe monitors of the future will have eyes vrs plates. Good Luck! tiger

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.