The Combine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
I believe you can fit in the agleader system like whats in a 2188 but its d**n expensive and it would take some time... i doubt its worth it to be honest.. ur case dealer should be able to help answer this..

·
Registered
77 Posts
Agleader Insight top of the line would be about 8600 dollars list. An Edge display would be about 7200 w/250 lightbar for GPS. Unless you could fine a used, refurbished pf2000 or something similar, would be alot cheaper. Have guys with Insight in their 1660 and really like it.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I'm having the greenstar 2600 put in my 1660 before wheat harvest. I already have the moniter and antenna in my sprayer so that's why I'm going with Deere's system. A little more expensive than agleader if you don't already have some of the components. Cost around $20000 for my sprayer and combine both not that also includes autosteer and swath control subscriptions. The moniter itself is 5000 with agleaders being 4000 I believe. On the yield moniter part, deeres system only requires one calibration load I think while agleaders requires several. I don't have any experience with yield moniters yet so I may be mistaken

·
Registered
594 Posts
also make sure that whatever you go with, make sure you have technical support. To me that is more important than price. A $10000 system that works is far better than a $7500 system that you can't get to do what you want

·
Registered
74 Posts
I am not sure about cih but the insight for the jd is about 7000$. I have no options though; auto swath ect. I think auto swath is about 750$. I like the insight real well. It does take a few callibration loads to get accurate though. If you have a scale cart or haul to the elevator it would be great.

·
Registered
560 Posts
It is true that the AL monitor requires several calibration loads, and the Deere system only requires one. This is because the AL flow curve is non linear, and the Deere curve is linear. When you calibrate at a given flow rate, Deere takes that flow data and makes projections about where your values will need to be at higher and lower flow rates. In their non-linear system, AL requires cal loads at low, medium, and high flow rates. This provides greater accuracy over a linear system, although it does require more work up front.

New Holland also uses a sensor with a linear curve. Case IH borrows from AL, so their sensor is non-linear.

Not sure what Agco uses...

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
I would also suggest ag leader. if you are into mapping and using that data for other purposes, go with the insight. We have one in our 2188 and love it. Usually only take one cal load and it's flawless rest of season. DO NOT BUY GREENSTAR. Several neighbors who have all green iron on their farm take greenstar out and use ag leader.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts