The Combine Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The yield our yield monitor reads is 10% higher then the actual yield.
If I lower my calibration number by 10% will this come close to getting it right. Or it doesn't work that way. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,952 Posts
The calibration number is not necessarily a linear function.... I.E. you may only need to drop it by 2% to gain 10% yield drop.

It's best to go through the proper calibration procedure to get full accuracy.

Also would help if you'd state combine model, and yield monitor model/type.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes its greenstar. Brown box in a 9750. I know the best way is to is to go through proper calibration. But that all takes time.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have a 9750STS aswell and my yield doesn`t match either. My weight in the readout is spot on with the scale ticket (within 50kg in a 28000kg load) but when you work out the area covered and scale ticket they don`t match what yield the monitor says it`s going. It`s always reading a higher yield than it really is.
I probly don`t help you but i feel your pain.
I`ll be watching this thread with interest for a possible sollution. Good luck!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
2,520 Posts
lion, as gowiththegreen said just raise cal # by whatever % it reads high as it is a linear relationship with Deere , Chris.
If memory serves.

Are you sure it's the weight out and not the area?
Because in jdmad's case simply increasing width of cut by the %age error will correct it as his weight is correct.

Don

·
Registered
11 Posts
I second Don's reply. If monitor reads 10% high, raise the calibration number by 10%. Higher calibration number equals lower monitor reading. It always works for me.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The best way to lower it by 10% is just start the calibration and let it go for a truck load or so. Then take the weight that it thinks and lower it by 10% and put that in the actual weight. so if the combine say 50,000lbs just enter the actual weight that is asks for as 45,000. that would be the best way to lower it 10%.

·
Registered
60 Posts
A quick method we us in Australia to calibrate with the 9750, works well with wheat, is that the grain tank when full is 10,000L or 10 ton if filled full of water. Start the calibration with an empty bin and harvest till full but not overflowing. Multiply your hectalitre weight on your grain docket of what the grain is weighing by 10,000 and this will give you an approx kg to enter into calibration.

Probably not as easy using acres and pounds but will give a 5% -/+ starting point if you are having problems adjusting scale number

·
Registered
165 Posts
New to the yield monitor world. Yield monitor on 9610 go through the calibration process and when you weigh the grain and try to punch in the actual weight and hit enter it just stays the same. Same thing happens if you try to change the CAL number what am i doing wrong?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts