The Combine Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
another yield sensor gone haywire (voltage), dealer fix is replace the old one for new $ 2800 or close.
Anybody knows how to fix this thing ?
Lowersieve actuater last not very long either .
CNH keep sending out same poor replacement parts , or is it just me?

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I have same problem with yield sensor. I have put in a bigger fuse, don't know how long that will last. When it fails, I will be ripping it apart to see why!

Just stumbled on what Rod said in the thread listed below. It may be worth checking as you use the same type of setup. Are you sure you don't have an intermittent and you think replacing the actuator is solving your problem. You may have a lot of good actuators laying in your scrap pile!

http://www.thecombineforum.com/forums/8-new-holland/232506-cr9090-sieves-changing-their-own.html

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Had my yield monitor fail last year. I've looked into repairing them and it's not overly possible it seems. Most of these electronics should not be that expensive. The cost of manufacture is usually less than 10% of wholesale price.

·
Registered
47 Posts
another yield sensor gone haywire (voltage), dealer fix is replace the old one for new $ 2800 or close.
Anybody knows how to fix this thing ?
Lowersieve actuater last not very long either .
CNH keep sending out same poor replacement parts , or is it just me?
yield sensor go haywire. got 4 Cr 9080 and have replaced them on 3 of the machines already.
on one of the machines we have replaced it 4 times.
tried to run power straight from the batteries to see if its a voltage issue but still got codes.
we fix them ourselves now. did one 3 years ago and it still works. now got them on 3 machines, 4th one is waiting to be put on too

·
Registered
515 Posts
yield sensor go haywire. got 4 Cr 9080 and have replaced them on 3 of the machines already.
on one of the machines we have replaced it 4 times.
tried to run power straight from the batteries to see if its a voltage issue but still got codes.
we fix them ourselves now. did one 3 years ago and it still works. now got them on 3 machines, 4th one is waiting to be put on too
What's usually wrong with them? Broken solder?

·
Registered
515 Posts
We can't take the guts apart, just a bunch of black glue around the electric parts.
getting rid of this box where the black glue is and redoing this part
So you can buy a new sensor to put in the mechanism?

·
Registered
6 Posts
So you can buy a new sensor to put in the mechanism?
Not exactly,the sensor or load cell assembly stays the same.We replace the load cell signal conditioner which kind of explains to the combine what the load cell is reading.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Most of the time There is nothing wrong with the sensor
its the electronics that go hay wire
THats we have done.Replaced the NH electronic module with our system .That reads the info from the load cell and sends it to the combine combine computer.The load cell mechanism stays the same although we do need to have the whole assembly to refurbish or change the NH module.

·
Registered
47 Posts
THats we have done.Replaced the NH electronic module with our system .That reads the info from the load cell and sends it to the combine combine computer.The load cell mechanism stays the same although we do need to have the whole assembly to refurbish or change the NH module.
what do you charge doing it. where does it need to be sent to replace the module

·
Registered
6 Posts
This is a unit we have just repaired.The orginal part which was damaged has been disconnected.We replace it with a different component which is in the grey waterproof box and it hooks directly into the CR combine wiring harness.
Josh

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts