The Combine Forum banner

361 - 380 of 493 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #361
Have they finished your site yet?
Most all of the cement is done now, two bins are up. Had 24 guys on site today and buried wire and secondary gas line. Biggest holdup looks to be approval from CP rail and we need to see some shipments from Sukup pretty soon now for next phase of construction. Might not quite make the August 1 deadline...

Pictures:
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #364
We poored 110 yards this week in the heat, think you more than 8x me, whens your scale coming in?
Scale is due July 26, then needs Q-Deck and rebar, then cement. Will do ramps once scale is placed. Next two weeks should see most of the materials show up and things will be very busy.

It sure has been a hot summer though. Great dry weather for working but crops could use a drink. Looks to be an early harvest at current trajectory while this project is taking somewhat longer than planned, hopefully they don't collide. Contractors have been great at sticking with things when needed and keeping the project moving along.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Scale is due July 26, then needs Q-Deck and rebar, then cement. Will do ramps once scale is placed. Next two weeks should see most of the materials show up and things will be very busy.

It sure has been a hot summer though. Great dry weather for working but crops could use a drink. Looks to be an early harvest at current trajectory while this project is taking somewhat longer than planned, hopefully they don't collide. Contractors have been great at sticking with things when needed and keeping the project moving along.
Dont know how late of variety you have planned but might not need a dryer this year i know for sure our 7211 wont need it its full tastle atm crop badly needs a drink

·
Premium Member
7,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #366
Dont know how late of variety you have planned but might not need a dryer this year i know for sure our 7211 wont need it its full tastle atm crop badly needs a drink
Mostly 7332 and Dekalb 33-78. Still planning to burn some gas through this thing before winter.

Things are moving along nicely today.:54:

Attachments

·
Registered
647 Posts
Woef 3378 dekalb is balsy for your area, wouldnt grow that in a wet late year you will be drying 32 moisture corn. We have some 3585 dekalb and its way behind, but probably wont yield the greatest because crop is drying up badly

·
Premium Member
7,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #370
Woef 3378 dekalb is balsy for your area, wouldnt grow that in a wet late year you will be drying 32 moisture corn. We have some 3585 dekalb and its way behind, but probably wont yield the greatest because crop is drying up badly
It actually looked great and did not appear to be behind any of the other stuff, but it was planted first. Now it is suffering in the dryness as well, shame we won't find out what it's capable of.

Two tiers left to do on the dryer, lots of fooling around building platforms and such. Wind has been cooperating for the most part although the 32C can take a hike!

Anyone want to rent/borrow/sell me a 120' manlift?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
What is the BPH on that dryer? I know its somewhere in here but can't remember. That's going to be a nice site when you get it wrapped up.

·
Premium Member
7,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #373
What is the BPH on that dryer? I know its somewhere in here but can't remember. That's going to be a nice site when you get it wrapped up.
It is 2000 bu/hr at 5 points removal, and as noted earlier in the thread it may be larger than rated.

https://www.sukup.com/Content/Brochures/Grain Dryers/Mixed Flow Grain Dryer.pdf

I am a little concerned about the education system in Iowa though....apparently somebody there thinks Canada is part of Europe.:43:

Today the dryer was completed.

And the wet bin is ready to lift on the hopper. Gonna be pretty tall...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #375
That came from Sukup Europe? I didn't know they had operations over there. Interesting.
Came from Iowa as far as I know, they must have thought it was headed for Europe?:confused: It will be so high up nobody will be able to read it anyways...ha ha

Otherwise things have been going together pretty well and I am impressed with product and hardware quality.

Oh yeah, dryer model is a 1617.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Came from Iowa as far as I know, they must have thought it was headed for Europe?:confused: It will be so high up nobody will be able to read it anyways...ha ha

Otherwise things have been going together pretty well and I am impressed with product and hardware quality.

Oh yeah, dryer model is a 1617.
Very odd, I googled sukup europe and that logo came up in a web page in a foreign language, perhaps Dutch? Crazy stuff right there.

Glad to here its going well, their build quality is great along with easy assembly. Top notch outfit.

·
Premium Member
7,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #378
When is your scale coming in curious to see the final dumppit/scale system.
Looks like an awesome setup
Pretty happy with how things are coming together. Lots going on all at once now. I'll be up there tomorrow and get some pictures. The scale is installed and the deck and ramps are poured and done, just need to hook up the readout next Monday.

·
Premium Member
7,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #379
The scale is installed and deck is poured. Ramps on each end with a 1:10 pitch and 10' flat section at either end of scale.

5'x7' dump hopper with a 10,000 bu/hr hy-flight that feeds the receiving leg. Also goes under the wet hopper if that needs to be unloaded but primarily the wet hopper will dump via an auger(just above hy-flight) to a wet leg just beside the dryer.

Just one more 20' section to put on the tower and some spouts/distributor/doble run down top of bins/etc. Gas meter is to be installed tomorrow and 3-phase is also ready for final hook-up over railway. There is lots of little stuff to do but with two top notch crews on site the list is shrinking daily.....and so is the pile of parts laying all over my yard!:smile:

Attachments

·
Registered
905 Posts
The scale is installed and deck is poured. Ramps on each end with a 1:10 pitch and 10' flat section at either end of scale.

5'x7' dump hopper with a 10,000 bu/hr hy-flight that feeds the receiving leg. Also goes under the wet hopper if that needs to be unloaded but primarily the wet hopper will dump via an auger(just above hy-flight) to a wet leg just beside the dryer.

Just one more 20' section to put on the tower and some spouts/distributor/doble run down top of bins/etc. Gas meter is to be installed tomorrow and 3-phase is also ready for final hook-up over railway. There is lots of little stuff to do but with two top notch crews on site the list is shrinking daily.....and so is the pile of parts laying all over my yard!

Wow, I can only dream to have a bin stop like that someday. Enjoy!

361 - 380 of 493 Posts