The Combine Forum banner

441 - 457 of 457 Posts

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
I'm over thinking this mos likely. I'm hooking up the steer switch to Brian's PCB V2. The schematic shows just power and com hooked up. I'm stuck on that should have a ground hooked also. Please confirm that I should follow the schematic and quit thinking.

Thanks

All you need to connect is the output (middle one) and ground (Com). What you are doing with the switch is just grounding out the little diode in the optocoupler to turn it on. That is what makes it a very good safe input. If you short it out, all it does is turn on. If you put it to 12v it will just stay off. But definitely don't connect the +v to ground. Attached is the schematic, just ask again if you need help or more explanation.

In summary connect the "O" and "Com" to the switch. That's it.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
Got my PCBs last week, just waiting for the components to rock up then its soldering time.

I might build the relay board while I'm at it too.

Maybe don't build the relay board. There is no software/firmware for it. I don't know what to do with that design, forgot all about it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Maybe don't build the relay board. There is no software/firmware for it. I don't know what to do with that design, forgot all about it.
No worries, is there still firmware to build the section control board? Just need a few relays for drive and implement lift.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hello there !

I have an issue with pcb v2 ... when i m using the arduino code from brian , motor doesn't work , but, if i 'm using the sketch from weder (coffeetrac github) , it's working ? Anybody have an idea to where i m wrong ? it 's just the motor i have good feedback from steerangle and mma ... using cytron dc30 , md13, and ibt2 ... always the same problem.

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
Hello there !

I have an issue with pcb v2 ... when i m using the arduino code from brian , motor doesn't work , but, if i 'm using the sketch from weder (coffeetrac github) , it's working ? Anybody have an idea to where i m wrong ? it 's just the motor i have good feedback from steerangle and mma ... using cytron dc30 , md13, and ibt2 ... always the same problem.

Can you post your ino settings, all the defines at the beginning. Is your steer switch hooked up to the arduino to enable disable autosteer? Does it show up in AOG when you switch it?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Can you post your ino settings, all the defines at the beginning. Is your steer switch hooked up to the arduino to enable disable autosteer? Does it show up in AOG when you switch it?
I'm really happy today ! My autosteer works very good !!! never more than 2cm from the line , and turn very smoothly ! very very nice !!! Trimble is going bankrupt :D

I was using : Ropecope pcb v1 ,aio coffetrac ino ,no switch/button, ibt2 , no mma , no bno , phidget motor , ardusimple rtk ntrip.
It wasn't good ! too late to correct so big turn , most of the time 4-8cm from the line .

Now , I'm using : PCBv2 brian, coffeetrac ino, no switch/button, cytron md30c, no mma no bno, phidget, ardusimple rtk ntrip. and it works very very good ! !

BUT , and i will find why , I can't make it work with your ino Brian ... i have check ino setup , it's all good to me . i have to check hardware stuff about switch/button.

Now I see the very good job you all have done in AOG ! Thanks to all of you !

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
I'm really happy today ! My autosteer works very good !!! never more than 2cm from the line , and turn very smoothly ! very very nice !!! Trimble is going bankrupt :D

I was using : Ropecope pcb v1 ,aio coffetrac ino ,no switch/button, ibt2 , no mma , no bno , phidget motor , ardusimple rtk ntrip.
It wasn't good ! too late to correct so big turn , most of the time 4-8cm from the line .

Now , I'm using : PCBv2 brian, coffeetrac ino, no switch/button, cytron md30c, no mma no bno, phidget, ardusimple rtk ntrip. and it works very very good ! !

BUT , and i will find why , I can't make it work with your ino Brian ... i have check ino setup , it's all good to me . i have to check hardware stuff about switch/button.

Now I see the very good job you all have done in AOG ! Thanks to all of you !

Can you post the ino's of the psbv2 (Brians) and ropecope here?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hello Tooki,

I'm located in north of France and I'm particulary interested in your configuration.
My system start to work properly and is quite reliable but I think I can improve it, here it is :
It work without any connection, all bluetooth or Wifi

Fixed base at house :
NeoM8T + Antenna Ublox ANN-MS + Raspbery Pi0W (running strstr for transmission to rtk2go.com)
-> which measurement rate do you use (1 Hz for me)
-> which satellites
-> have you enabled SBAS
-> which antenna do you use

GPS receiver on tractor
My mobile phone configured as a bluetooth access point sharing internet (for access to rtk2go)

NeoM8T + Antenna Ublox ANN-MS + Raspbery Pi0W (Connected in Bluetooth to the mobile and Wifi Access point for AOG and Autosteer, running rkrcv
it generates the NMEA UDP frame for AOG)
-> which antenna do you use
-> which measurement rate do you use (10 Hz for me)
-> any specific configuration (I've enable Gloarr mode (On) in rtkrcv)

PC with AOG

Autosteer
WAS(Mercedes/BMW type) + ADS1115 + BN055 + MMA8541 + Arduino Nano + IBT2 + Drill motor + ESP8266 (Wifi UDP to serial bridge between arduino and AOG on PC)
(On the arduino, I've connected the ESP on a virtual serial port (NeoSwSerial) so I've the USB existing one available for programming and online debugging which is very helpful)
-> Which motor do you use
-> Any specific configuraion

If you can help me in these small things ?
If you're interested in more details, don't hesitate to ask me
Best regards from France
Francois

·
Registered
31 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hello Tooki,

I'm located in north of France and I'm particulary interested in your configuration.
My system start to work properly and is quite reliable but I think I can improve it, here it is :
It work without any connection, all bluetooth or Wifi

Fixed base at house :
NeoM8T + Antenna Ublox ANN-MS + Raspbery Pi0W (running strstr for transmission to rtk2go.com)
-> which measurement rate do you use (1 Hz for me) same
-> which satellitesgps glonass galileo
-> have you enabled SBAS using f9p, i think it can't sbas
-> which antenna do you usesame as you

GPS receiver on tractor
My mobile phone configured as a bluetooth access point sharing internet (for access to rtk2go)

NeoM8T + Antenna Ublox ANN-MS + Raspbery Pi0W (Connected in Bluetooth to the mobile and Wifi Access point for AOG and Autosteer, running rkrcv
it generates the NMEA UDP frame for AOG)
-> which antenna do you usesame as you
-> which measurement rate do you use (10 Hz for me)8hz
-> any specific configuration (I've enable Gloarr mode (On) in rtkrcv) nope , just only gga and vtg , ntrip by rtk2go

PC with AOG

Autosteer
WAS(Mercedes/BMW type) + ADS1115 + BN055 + MMA8541 + Arduino Nano + IBT2 + Drill motor + ESP8266 (Wifi UDP to serial bridge between arduino and AOG on PC)
(On the arduino, I've connected the ESP on a virtual serial port (NeoSwSerial) so I've the USB existing one available for programming and online debugging which is very helpful)
-> Which motor do you use phidget
-> Any specific configuraion cadillac was , ads1115, pcbv2 , cytron md30c, phidget

If you can help me in these small things ?
If you're interested in more details, don't hesitate to ask me
Best regards from France
Francois
So why all you do is no wire connection ? , you must have wire connection to power those things ...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thank you very much for all these details, I'll check and tune on my side.

For all the parts, I've only wires to supply but no serial or USB cable between GPS, PC, IMU etc ...

francois

441 - 457 of 457 Posts